Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Can't see Shrewsbury going down myself. I reckon the three you mention will, though, potentially with Colchester joining them.
    Agree with that, I think all 4 of the promoted clubs could do well, I think Crewe, Colchester, Blackpool and Port Vale could struggle. Very early to make these predictions, mind.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ANippyWinger)
    Agree with that, I think all 4 of the promoted clubs could do well, I think Crewe, Colchester, Blackpool and Port Vale could struggle. Very early to make these predictions, mind.
    Same here. I think Luton will be top ten, actually. Burton, too.

ReputationRep:
    Another signing has come in at Hillsborough - Jack Hunt on loan from Palace. Seems a good player but makes me wonder where we're going to squeeze our 9 defenders on the pitch

Demy de Zeeuw, the former Netherlands midfielder, is apparently close to signing a deal according to the BBC amongst other sources. I'm struggling to believe we'd sign a player of his calibre and if we did it would be a big boost.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Scunthorpe pick up Luke Williams on a free after he spent a portion of last season on loan there.

ReputationRep:
    FA Trophy game for us announced, we have Harrow Borough on Saturday 31st October. Loads of us already decided on fancy dress. Fantastic.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    My top six for League One:
    Wigan, Sheffield United, Peterborough, Bradford, Swindon and Doncaster. Unsure what order.
    Swindon have been absolutely gutted. I'll be very surprised if they're up there again. Wigan should piss the league with their budget.

ReputationRep:
    Got our man!

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The more I look at the derby kit, the more it looks like a 90s England kit ruined by a shocking sponsor logo...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any chance of us signing even one player?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Any chance of us signing even one player?
    Sam Ricketts is on the verge, I've heard.

ReputationRep:
    Sam Ricketts is on the verge, I've heard.
    I have heard this too but my suspicion is that we'll again be making signings either close to or after the season has started and so again we will be starting at a disadvantage. Mowbray himself has forewarned that we are in for a bumpy start and he isn't wrong, I think Wigan could be a humiliation.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sam Ricketts signs for Coventry.

ReputationRep:
    Any Peterborough fans coming down to London for their pre season game in Dulwich?

Josh McEachran signs for us. Each signing is more exciting than the one before.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sanmi Odelusi makes the short journey from Bolton Wanderers to Wigan.

ReputationRep:
    Sam Ricketts signs for Coventry.
    Good one to start with but would prefer we don't end up with an OAPs XI.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Good one to start with but would prefer we don't end up with an OAPs XI.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    **** sake. He's a former Welsh international, and a very solid signing at that level. He's got leadership qualities, and if you were signing just young unproven talent, I'm sure you'd have something to say. Do you ever not moan?

ReputationRep:
    Blackpool Supporters Trust offering £15 million for the club to the Oystur family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Josh McEachran signs for us. Each signing is more exciting than the one before.
    Permanent or loan? iirc he was a Chelsea kid.

Don't see Brentford launching a promotion charge this season, but can see you becoming a solid championship team.

ReputationRep:
    **** sake. He's a former Welsh international, and a very solid signing at that level. He's got leadership qualities, and if you were signing just young unproven talent, I'm sure you'd have something to say. Do you ever not moan?
    Well this was a little unjustified...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.