Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Same here! My college hasn't emailed me either, but I've got one from the uni and one from the medical sciences department too xD
    Maybe it is because you are applying for medicine? Or the college is just taking more time? I thought Merton would be the last, I received the acknowledgement yesterday, but there could still be colleges sending the email today or tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same here! My college hasn't emailed me either, but I've got one from the uni and one from the medical sciences department too xD
    I'm the same, at first I thought my college had emailed me but mine is from the Medical Sciences department too, not the college

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lainathiel)
    Is there anyone else that hasn't had an email directly from their college? I'm applying to Worcester for medicine - I've had one from the uni and one from the medical sciences department, but everyone on here is saying they've had contact from the college as well? I'm sure it's fine, but I'm just curious!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got mine Monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lainathiel)
    x
    (Original post by emem2011)
    x
    x
    I doubt you'll hear from a college until interview notifications go out at the end of November. Even then, there's a high chance the college you hear from won't be the one you applied to because of how the medicine interviews are organised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emem2011)
    I'm the same, at first I thought my college had emailed me but mine is from the Medical Sciences department too, not the college

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by BJack)
    I doubt you'll hear from a college until interview notifications go out at the end of November. Even then, there's a high chance the college you hear from won't be the one you applied to because of how the medicine interviews are organised.
    Ahh, okay, I'm relieved then! I was checking through my junk folder in case I had missed or deleted it by accident!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still no direct email from Exeter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliverdobbs)
    Still no direct email from Exeter...
    Honestly I don't know why people are worrying about this! You have nothing to worry about, I'm sure they'll send it in the next few days. Good luck with your application btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    Honestly I don't know why people are worrying about this! You have nothing to worry about, I'm sure they'll send it in the next few days. Good luck with your application btw!
    Thanks, I'm not worried about it I just wanted to keep those who are informed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliverdobbs)
    Thanks, I'm not worried about it I just wanted to keep those who are informed
    Ah fair enough. Hope you get emailed by the college soon!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else freaking out about the HAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unistresshelp)
    Is anyone else freaking out about the HAT
    Kind of....I was happy with my past papers but I'm a bit worried about must getting a ****ty question two and so I'm going over all my AS stuff. But don't know if I should go over absolutely everything, or just focus certain bits of each unit. Like any past paper I basically could have answered with collectivization or Attlee's labor......so don't know if I should I bother cramming all of post war British history.

I think knowing fairly short period inside out mean you can apply them to any question. But a tricky question could ruin that theory!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MouseyBrown)
    Kind of....I was happy with my past papers but I'm a bit worried about must getting a ****ty question two and so I'm going over all my AS stuff. But don't know if I should go over absolutely everything, or just focus certain bits of each unit. Like any past paper I basically could have answered with collectivization or Attlee's labor......so don't know if I should I bother cramming all of post war British history.

I think knowing fairly short period inside out mean you can apply them to any question. But a tricky question could ruin that theory!

honestly i am really really scared that we're going to get a horrible question, like there was this question about the physical environment and i wanted to cry .
    i went over my AS stuff but breifly, i did the main bits like economics, politcal effect/ social impact/society/relationship between people and state/ development of policy/modernisation- basically stuff around it just do that and youll be fine good luck!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raina97)
    Ah did you apply for Oxford last year, or was it just a paper that you did? Also when you say 60 do you mean the TSA score conversion rather than 60%, right? I generally average around 65 TSA UMS, generally about 39/50
    I have no idea if it's good enough though.
    No I didn't apply last year, I'm a first time applicant this year. Yes it was the conversion, pretty sure! Sounds pretty good to me, good luck!!

ReputationRep:

I'm doing the HAT too, doing Peter the Great and Westernisation and that seems to pretty much fit every question but god knows what we're going to get...write about the importance of food in a historical event lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    I'm doing the HAT too, doing Peter the Great and Westernisation and that seems to pretty much fit every question but god knows what we're going to get...write about the importance of food in a historical event lol
    I'm also doing the HAT. Going over A2 British History notes and hoping I can link something from it to any question. Good luck to you guys as well! I'm also looking at my history teacher's marking of two HAT papers I've had marked. Hopefully we all get interviews at least!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    Haha yeah, they haven't done one on 'the role played by dogs in a period of important historical change' yet, so it could be something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unistresshelp)
    honestly i am really really scared that we're going to get a horrible question, like there was this question about the physical environment and i wanted to cry .
    i went over my AS stuff but breifly, i did the main bits like economics, politcal effect/ social impact/society/relationship between people and state/ development of policy/modernisation- basically stuff around it just do that and youll be fine good luck!!!!!!
    That's exactly why I'm unsure though - that physical environment question was from when the papers were different, and the essay questions were longer, and I guess more difficult. If you look at all the questions since they changed the format, they have been nicer.

But I'm not totally sure if that's just chance, or because they changed the format!

ReputationRep:

I guess as long as you can link a topic well to the question's demands it'll be ok. How did you find doing the past papers? Personally I'm worried about a really bad question that is wildly different from the past papers I felt happy with. I'll be gutted if I get rejected pre-interview tbh. I applied to Cambridge last year and missed my offer (I got AAA) so I'd be pretty gutted if Oxford didn't want to interview me

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else submitted written work yet? It took quite a while to scan everything and attach is at a PDF. I keep thinking it's going to be returned due to me not doing it right lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    Has anyone else submitted written work yet? It took quite a while to scan everything and attach is at a PDF. I keep thinking it's going to be returned due to me not doing it right lol
    Send it to yourself before checking haha and no I don't even know what to send yet ^^'

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.