Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Speech & Language Therapy 2015 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shropshirelass51)
    How do you access the moodle? Thanks
    Google icity BCU and that will take you to the webpage then log in with the same details as mysrs, only two of the 4 modules have put access to Moodle up where you can find timetable info, hope that makes sense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayeowen90)
    Google icity BCU and that will take you to the webpage then log in with the same details as mysrs, only two of the 4 modules have put access to Moodle up where you can find timetable info, hope that makes sense!
    Thanks, have sent you a PM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanC55)
    Hey, when you starting Marjon?
    Hi! Registration's on Sunday! Not long to go now!! Do you start on the 28th? I've got a friend going to DMU and I'm sure she said that's when she's starting!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhimair)
    Hi! Registration's on Sunday! Not long to go now!! Do you start on the 28th? I've got a friend going to DMU and I'm sure she said that's when she's starting!!
    Yeah 28th is the magical date I legit cannot wait! It'll be so good! You excited for marjon

ReputationRep:
    Yeah 28th is the magical date I legit cannot wait! It'll be so good! You excited for marjon
    Yup - very excited!! Although I have to admit, I am a bit nervous too! I still can't quite get over the fact that this time next week, I'll be a uni student!!!

Good luck for the 28th - hope you have an amazing time!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhimair)
    Yup - very excited!! Although I have to admit, I am a bit nervous too! I still can't quite get over the fact that this time next week, I'll be a uni student!!!

Good luck for the 28th - hope you have an amazing time!!
    I am quite nervous I'm not gonna lie! I know you're so lucky! I move down in the 25th but it doesn't properly kick off till the week after.

You got Twitter?

ReputationRep:
    I am quite nervous I'm not gonna lie! I know you're so lucky! I move down in the 25th but it doesn't properly kick off till the week after.

You got Twitter?
    Aah, Ok. You'll have a bit of time to settle in before freshers at least.

Yes, I do have Twitter!

ReputationRep:
    For anyone coming to Manchester- I should see you on Monday as you'll probably have a peer mentor session and I'm one of the peer mentors! i look forward to meeting you all

Good luck to everyone moving to new cities also! I really hope you enjoy your first year!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraw26)
    Hey!

Firstly, congratulations to those who have got their results and places on the course! If you haven't, there are alternatives, so don't give up.

I've just been trying to catch up on all that's been said on here! I'd just like to say, as someone who has completed first year, that yes, it is a demanding course - but I wouldn't say first year has been much more difficult than A levels in someways (academically). It's demanding in a sense that it encourages you to develop as a person, and makes you question some of your views on subjects and can help you be more open minded. Although I'm a bit nervous to go into second year (where we go on placement in October), it's all a learning process, and no one expects you to be some sort of perfect SLT yet - in fact they never will do, you'll always be learning, adapting, and developing as a person and a professional throughout the career!

I wish I had enjoyed my first year a bit more and not stressed so much, it's really not worth it. If you put in the effort, you'll find you reap the rewards - it is a very rewarding course

If anyone has any questions about first year at BCU, please feel free to ask
    Hi,

What grades did you get and what was the interview like at BCU?
    (hard/moderate)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maimr)
    Hi,

What grades did you get and what was the interview like at BCU?
    (hard/moderate)
    Hi!

My grades for A levels of first year of uni? I got AAC at A level (and an extra A in General studies, but that's not counted for this course) and a 2:1 in first year

I found it quite reasonable, but definitely try your best - hundreds of people are interviewed for 60 places, so make sure you stand out :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How's it going guys! I start in two days!

ReputationRep:
    Started at BCU on Sunday and am in 4 days this week! Pretty full on timetable but all looks good stuff. Fellow students are really friendly and the lecturers are helpful. Three guys on our course I think!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:

Jordan, I started at MMU on Monday and I absolutely love it. It's everything I expected and more! Got an assignment already though haha. I hope you enjoy your uni as much as I enjoy mine, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I hope that everyone who has started this week and those that start next week have a great time on their courses..

it's been really helpful sharing the process so far with everyone.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Aah exciting!!!! It's going well at the moment. Lectures start properly on Monday - excited, although I know it's going to be a lot of hard work!!!

Have an amazing time at uni, Jordan!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nesca89)
    Jordan, I started at MMU on Monday and I absolutely love it. It's everything I expected and more! Got an assignment already though haha. I hope you enjoy your uni as much as I enjoy mine, good luck!
    Good to hear you are happy but you n higlet need to wear your usernames so I can figure out who you are! See you in class on Monday!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hope everyone is enjoying starting uni! Any struggles/worries, feel free to message me - 1st year can be pretty overwhelming at times, not just for Speech Therapy but going to uni in general as well sure you'll all fly through it though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Good to hear you are happy but you n higlet need to wear your usernames so I can figure out who you are! See you in class on Monday!
    Haha I know I was trying to figure out which one was you! My name is Mandee anyway, I usually wear bright hairbands and I have a colourful backpack haha. I don't think I have any other distinct features lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nesca89)
    Haha I know I was trying to figure out which one was you! My name is Mandee anyway, I usually wear bright hairbands and I have a colourful backpack haha. I don't think I have any other distinct features lol.
    Will look out for the bright hairbands then but there are so many people in that class - sure its a bigger intake this year! I am the tiny one - if the weather is bad I will be wearing a red coat with fur around the hood - may have glasses on too. Sure we will manage to find each other at some point lol.

Pleased you are enjoying it so far - next week the real work begins

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.