Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Spurs will capitulate with the EL returning, but we simply MUST beat them at WHL. In a month or so we will know who will win the league.

ReputationRep:
    Can the league be won by GD?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Can the league be won by GD?
    Yes, man city in 2011/12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    Yes, man city in 2011/12.
    2013/14 aswell I'm sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    2013/14 aswell I'm sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, City were 2 points ahead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    At least we did our part and beat them twice though. What are the rest of these "top" clubs playing at?
    Ye we beat them twice and we're still behind them that shows how bad we are.

ReputationRep:
    In 13/14 Liverpool were 3 behind city with 2 to play and a game in hand. Went 3-0 up to palace but had a significantly worse GD so pushed on to try to win 8-0 to reduce the GD gap going into the last game but capitulated and drew instead. Aint that right Lucio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    No, City were 2 points ahead
    nope

ReputationRep:
    Spurs will happily lose to Fiorentina. Napoli v Fiorentina EL final plus Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City all crashing out of CL at the same stage, means 3rd is the new 4th. Happy times :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Spurs will happily lose to Fiorentina. Napoli v Fiorentina EL final plus Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City all crashing out of CL at the same stage, means 3rd is the new 4th. Happy times :rolleyes:
    Ffs Adam stop posting you're meant to be on trial

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    In 13/14 Liverpool were 3 behind city with 2 to play and a game in hand. Went 3-0 up to palace but had a significantly worse GD so pushed on to try to win 8-0 to reduce the GD gap going into the last game but capitulated and drew instead. Aint that right Lucio

At least we actually challenged for the title until the end...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    tfw when Daniel tries to troll but reminds everyone that a team with Kolo Toure as a centre back got far closer to winning the League than any Arsenal team of the last decade.
    I like you.

ReputationRep:
    Crazy day today, what a way to win it. We simply have to get momentum now, we need to go on a 10 game win streak to win it.

Also I don't think I'd celebrated a goal as much as Welbeck's today since Ramsey's in the FA Cup final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)

There's literally no expectation on Liverpool to do anything. Ever.
    I put us last on purpose...

You've become a really nasty person lately. You're meant to be mentally deranged, not a tool...

(Original post by AliRizzo)
    True, I've singled out Arsenal in particular though as we have the resources (and probably the right squad) to be able to win it and it's been a long 12 years. I know Spurs and Liverpool have been waiting longer but I don't think their squad is as strong as Arsenal's and there isn't much expectation on either of them to win it although of course it would still be embarrassing for them. United, City and Chelsea have won it multiple times in recent years which is why they probably wouldn't be too bothered about it and it wouldn't look as bad for them.
    For the teams who haven't won the league in a while, you're by far the strongest and it's quite embarrassing you haven't won the league for so long (considering the pull you have and the quality in your team).
    Spurs are as good right now as they're gonna get - they have a manager that suits them perfectly and huge cohesion in their squad. However their best players will likely be poached so if they don't win it this year, I can't see them doing it dfor a while.
    Liverpool are very unknown. We have no idea who Klopp's gonna buy, how much we're gonna spend and what kind of pull we have. Klopp was an underdog at Dortmund and he did really well developing players like Lewandowski. Unfortunately this league is very different and it's gonna be extremely difficult for us to get anywhere, I guess we'll see...

(Original post by e aí rapaz)
    At least we did our part and beat them twice though. What are the rest of these "top" clubs playing at?
    In fairness, we did break even by beating them once. We also beat City, drew to Spurs and drew to Arsenal twice. Our record against the top 4 this season is surprisingly good...

ReputationRep:
    Ffsthe lubio shedola love in has started again

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe we're pointing out what a tool you are...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

You've become a really nasty person lately. You're meant to be mentally deranged, not a tool...
    One can be both

That's the thing, it starts off innocent and then before you know it, you realise it tastes just like pigs blood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    nope
    you nonce they were

ReputationRep:
    I know we said this about Bayern but I genuinely fear for your safety against this Barca side.

They just thrashed Celta Vigo 6-1 and they were barely playing for the first 70 minutes. That front 3 is absolutely ridiculous - the history of football has never seen an attack quite like this.

Inb4 Arsenal win 3-0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    you nonce they were
    how u gonna argue this when you can just google it and see I'm right

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.