Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by furryface12)
    I'll do a proper post on it next week, but if I run an MHSS secret santa would anyone be interested? The person that used to do them has left now unfortunately but it was really good! The limit would be about £5 so not to exclude people and I'll obviously keep addresses etc completely anonymous other than the person sending them. Let me know either way anyway just so I have an idea of whether people think it's worth doing or not

Hope everyone's okay!
    In was really nice when it was running.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    These essays may be the end of me. I'm just really struggling with what they want me to do. I need more time, but they won't even consider it until something comes up in their own SpLD assessment, but I'm on a massive waiting list for it

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'll do a proper post on it next week, but if I run an MHSS secret santa would anyone be interested? The person that used to do them has left now unfortunately but it was really good! The limit would be about £5 so not to exclude people and I'll obviously keep addresses etc completely anonymous other than the person sending them. Let me know either way anyway just so I have an idea of whether people think it's worth doing or not

Hope everyone's okay!
    In. And if it happens, a questionnaire like we will have for the ST one? :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    In
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    In was really nice when it was running.
    (Original post by Airmed)
    In. And if it happens, a questionnaire like we will have for the ST one? :hugs:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    x
    Yayy! Looks like this might be worth doing then watch this space! :excited:

ReputationRep:
    My new doctor agreed to change my medication to aripripazole I'm so happy. I hope I won't get any side effects on it since I had a positive experience on it before. Anyone had any experiences with Aripripazole?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Indieboohoo1)
    My new doctor agreed to change my medication to aripripazole I'm so happy. I hope I won't get any side effects on it since I had a positive experience on it before. Anyone had any experiences with Aripripazole?
    No side effects here I much prefer it do the sedating antipsychotics that I've been on.

No side effects here I much prefer it do the sedating antipsychotics that I've been on.
    That's good did you gain weight on aripripazole? I didn't when I was on it but gained loads of weight on my current medication. I read people saying they gained weight on it.

ReputationRep:
    That's good did you gain weight on aripripazole? I didn't when I was on it but gained loads of weight on my current medication. I read people saying they gained weight on it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Din't gain but didn't lose either, but I guess that is something for antipsychotics.

It's meant to be one of less weight gaining ones compared to olanazapine and the eevil clozapine.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Might be worth suggesting that if she gets all serious about stopping the sessions altogether?
    Will do but have got an awful feeling she's already made up her mind

I've decided to start a blog :woo: I think it'll be a good tool for me, because I like being productive and if I write about something, it helps me to understand it better. It's nice to look forward to something like this
    I find writing stuff easier than talking. Writing is good for the soul. Good luck with your blogging adventure

Also, sorry I never replied your reply to my reply about your brother. Brain all over the place :facepalm:

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    The single thing that helps me most when trying to deal with the voices is just talking to someone. Out-loud, face to face. Earlier today I needed that but my spouse just played the DS while lying next to me. How do I tell her that I just want to talk? I don't care if we talk about why one of the cats has poop on his butt, or the founding principles of Mormonism, I don't care. But she doesn't get this, I can't get her to say anything other than answering me, and really that is not what I need. I've tried to explain "please talk to me" but she doesn't and I don't understand why not. Is it really that weird that conversation helps me and I need to talk? How can I get her to do this? I don't have anyone I can call or talk to out-loud except her but she doesn't get it. :cry2:
    Hope you're safe I find talking to people/having people talk to me very grounding, too :yep: Sorry that your wife doesn't seem to understand this

(Original post by drbluebox)
    Had my appointment with the CPN.

At best it was a farce, went in was seen for all of 15 minutes and basically told as I wasn't nervous around her, I was intelligent and clear spoken then I don't have depression and referred me back to occupational therapy.

Only I have been referred to occupational therapy twice before and both times tod they can't help me!
    Sounds pretty ****, ngl

Hope everyone's okay!
    :hi:

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (a name, I call myself :flute: ) :excited:

I've been on aripiprazole over 5 years now. Tiz a good med, works well for me.

Spoilered for weight stuff

Spoiler:
    Show
    I am massively overweight but have been for over a decade, lol. No noticeable increase (or decrease) in weight whilst on it
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    TLG UPDATE

OK, so since people are talking about aripiprazole... I've been really naughty/a major hypocrite and been off my meds for several months :getmecoat: Restarted the aripiprazole yesterday after massive convo on Weds with psychiatrist. So if there are lots of boring posts being like I TOOK MY TABLET TODAY, GO ME! from me, that's why
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I find writing stuff easier than talking. Writing is good for the soul. Good luck with your blogging adventure

Also, sorry I never replied your reply to my reply about your brother. Brain all over the place :facepalm:
    Thanks!

Don't worry about it I completely forgot about it anyway until you mentioned it :laugh:

Sorry to hear about your therapist, I meant to reply to that and just completely blanked as well. My head is just like :nope: at the moment

Big hugs :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Thanks!

Don't worry about it I completely forgot about it anyway until you mentioned it :laugh:

Sorry to hear about your therapist, I meant to reply to that and just completely blanked as well. My head is just like :nope: at the moment

Big hugs :hugs:
    Awww thanks. And no worries, completely understand. Sorry your head's not good. I haven't read your latest spoilered post as am a bit vulnerable but hope you are safe and OK
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Awww thanks. And no worries, completely understand. Sorry your head's not good. I haven't read your latest spoilered post as am a bit vulnerable but hope you are safe and OK
    I get that spoilered posts like that won't get a lot of reads, it's okay. Same goes for you too :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I will be the odd case for aripripazole then, it seems. I collapsed on it. :s

ReputationRep:
    Haven't posted in here in a while due to being ridiculously busy until now, finally got a job which is great but due to loosing 2 of my grandparents in the last two months and some other stuff I'd rather not post here I'm in a really bad place right now

Sending hugs to everyone else struggling too.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    TLG UPDATE

OK, so since people are talking about aripiprazole... I've been really naughty/a major hypocrite and been off my meds for several months :getmecoat: Restarted the aripiprazole yesterday after massive convo on Weds with psychiatrist. So if there are lots of boring posts being like I TOOK MY TABLET TODAY, GO ME! from me, that's why
    Repped the wrong post I think but really really well done! :woo:

:hugs: everyone that needs them- hope things improve soon Jelly especially well done on the job though!

ReputationRep:
    TLG UPDATE

Yay well done

ReputationRep:
    Repped the wrong post I think but really really well done! :woo:

:hugs: everyone that needs them- hope things improve soon Jelly especially well done on the job though!
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    It gave me really bad insomnia.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.