Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    I don't know my practical mark so I'm probably going to get screwed by that .
    Didn't your teachers mark them and tell you? The chemistry ISAs are the only things that can save my grade tbh

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone find a way to mark scheme please... i really want to see it now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH0405)
    It's a problem at your end I'm afraid. The links are working fine for me.
    I was using phone and for some reason it didnt open their... i went on ipad and i had access to tgem thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dapperblook22)
    The link in the OP is working fine for me, have you tried clicking on the folder that you want for your subject?

Here is the link again
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...VlSaG5QbVBmV3c
    Hey! Do you know where I can find the mark schemes please? Or have only the question papers released?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Hey! Do you know where I can find the mark schemes please? Or have only the question papers released?
    Only AQA papers are released before results day, AQA mark schemes will be released after results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    The Edexcel mark schemes are available via the first post, but not for other exam boards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    Does anyone know where I can see the AQA papers for this years A-levels? The link in the OP doesn't actually contain any papers? Apologies if this has been asked previously!
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...VhmZ1RIUEsxdjg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dapperblook22)
    Only AQA papers are released before results day, AQA mark schemes will be released after results.
    Last year AQA mark schemes were released the day before results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angoranimi)
    Didn't your teachers mark them and tell you? The chemistry ISAs are the only things that can save my grade tbh
    Nope our school send them to Edexcel for marking! 37/40 for an A is madness!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    Really? My French teachers didn't think it was any harder than usual Nor did I tbh, but I came out thinking it had gone terribly because half of our listening tracks were missing so that derailed the exam and distracted us all whilst we were waiting for the problem to be resolved and French is my hardest subject so I was always extra worried about it
    Whilst I don't think it was impossible, both of my teachers agreed it was set for native speakers (who hike up the grade boundaries like no other) and puts non native speakers at a serious disadvantage. I was seriously aiming for an A and come on in 2014 it was 101/110 for an A* - THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE. IT'S SHAMEFUL. Some of the questions I could only answer because I speak two other languages on top of french, but others don't. eg. How the hell were most people supposed to know that cuivre meant copper? or that the present participle of eteindre was eteignant? Yeah I know what you mean, we had begun the exam and one girl still had her hand up waiting for a CD. Exams are a mess tbh. The exam aside, I loved the speaking exam and had a lovely debate and conversation right at the end with my examiner and it was actually fun and exciting to argue about something I'm passionate about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliottls97)
    What do people think the grade boundaries for A/A* will be for Edexcel maths A2 and AS modules will be?
    For 90 UMS (A*):
    C3-65
    C4-69

For some reason I don't really think the C3 & C4 boundaries will change much from last year, maybe -1 for C3 and +1 for C4. I resat C1 and C2 but I have no idea what the boundaries will be tbh I just wanted to focus on my A2 modules. C2 was pretty easy but C1 had a few tricky questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coboyle098)
    I find context to be the hardest thing though! Trying to fit it in with relevant analysis is so hard. I absolutely loved Camus, it was so different from anything I've ever read/studied before and I even bought a copy of the book myself after studying it! A friend of mine does drench also and she studied it too and said the exact same thing as you, it must have been so difficult to write a solid essay but with perfect grammar/sentence structure too.
    Our AS year only had one exam and then coursework so it was such a lovely year, but there was just so much to cover this year to the point where you were drowning in literature 😂
    I agree 100%! I don't have any first hand experience with discrepancies but a few of my friends have and it's crazy how the marks can change so significantly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know what you mean, you don't want to name drop but you want to integrate it seamlessly into your argument. I know, the satire and pathos made is so interesting to explore from a contextual standpoint. Haha I love that, when you study something and love it so much that you read it again. Exactly, I doubt I could do it justice in English, let alone in French. Same, I loved AS literature, we studied The Picture of Dorian Gray and I swear I can recite passages word for word, it was beautiful. The new re mark system is a joke too, puts humanities students in trouble. Now, If the senior examiner disagrees with the mark given by the original examiner (despite the fact they are obviously more experienced and know what they're talking about), then the original mark still stands. Things like politics and English are so subjective and depend on a number of things such as depth of analysis and the flair in your argument. It's honestly so disheartening for everyone in humanities. It's such a shame tbh. Exams need serious reform. But I really hope for everyone's sake, hopefully we won't need to go through the nail - biting process of waiting for a grade to change

ReputationRep:
    Just worried about physics AS grade boundaries, I did IAL btw and unit 1 really sucked... Do you guys think the grade boundaries for this year will be high???

ReputationRep:
    1 mark.....6 UMS?? Me and edexcel need to talk.
    I don't even understand that gap between the A* and A grades. Hopefully they can knock down the unit 4 A* boundary to a cheeky 72 lol, then i'll be happy

Name:  grade boundaries.png
Views: 440
Size:  185.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's the same with physics. Loads of people cheat and it's really unfair to those that don't like me. It's what most likely will cost me the A/A*. I have no idea of how it went. Last year I got 56/60 and that was exactly an A. I will be really p****d off if it does.
    Rant over lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mesuteyezil)
    Just worried about physics AS grade boundaries, I did IAL btw and unit 1 really sucked... Do you guys think the grade boundaries for this year will be high???
    I did aqa, paper 1 was easy so grade blundaries are likely to be high for that but paper 2 was the toughest paper because it had practicles skills and multiple xhoice questions ... grade bpundaries of paper 2 will be very low .... now it depends how hard the paper was and how everyone found it

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=igotnomoney;66908196]I did aqa, paper 1 was easy so grade blundaries are likely to be high for that but paper 2 was the toughest paper because it had practicles skills and multiple xhoice questions ... grade bpundaries of paper 2 will be very low .... now it depends how hard the paper was and how everyone found it[/QUOTE

Thanks! I'm freaking out for real Unit 2 wasn't so bad but unit 1 screwed me over/// when do grade boundaries come out anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Found THIS mint dispenser when cleaning out my bathroom cupboard the other day, just let me live
    Name:  IMAG0924.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  242.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angoranimi)
    1 mark.....6 UMS?? Me and edexcel need to talk.
    I don't even understand that gap between the A* and A grades. Hopefully they can knock down the unit 4 A* boundary to a cheeky 72 lol, then i'll be happy

Name:  grade boundaries.png
Views: 440
Size:  185.3 KB
    Is that the newest grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    aqa a2 physics grade boundary predictions?

phya4: 57 51 46 42
    phya5 56 50 45 41

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.