Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

I've no idea why I could watch horror films day and night but I won't touch scary games. I mean, I LOVE horror films, including horror films based on horror games like Resident Evil or Silent Hill...but I can't bring myself to play the games. I dunno, I've always wondered about this, and the only thing I can think of is that there's something willing me to survive in survival horror games; Doom 3, much of which is played in the dark and you've got to turn on a flashlight to see (and turn the flashlight off so your hand's free to fire a gun :>.<, terrifies me - I creep around a corner to find no zombies or demons or whatever, and I frantically quicksave because I know it's 'safe'. In some games it's not unheard of for me to save the game once every 10-15 seconds, I'm that afraid of my character getting killed when s/he turns the next corner

ReputationRep:
    hello everybody

EDIT: and that's obvious, holly - you're much, much more involved in games than in films - after all, it's you getting killed, as it were.

ReputationRep:
    Hullo guys

i hate bing ill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    :rolleyes:

I've no idea why I could watch horror films day and night but I won't touch scary games. I mean, I LOVE horror films, including horror films based on horror games like Resident Evil or Silent Hill...but I can't bring myself to play the games. I dunno, I've always wondered about this, and the only thing I can think of is that there's something willing me to survive in survival horror games; Doom 3, much of which is played in the dark and you've got to turn on a flashlight to see (and turn the flashlight off so your hand's free to fire a gun :>.<, terrifies me - I creep around a corner to find no zombies or demons or whatever, and I frantically quicksave because I know it's 'safe'. In some games it's not unheard of for me to save the game once every 10-15 seconds, I'm that afraid of my character getting killed when s/he turns the next corner
    But thats common sense in Doom 3 since you can be safe one second and practically dead the next.

The first Resident Evil was really scary though since you had to decide whether to waste a whole clip to kill a Zombie or just use three shots to put it down for a few seconds for you to get past (if would attack you the next time you went past). I loved it when you got the Rocket Launcher and could just blow them up

playing alien vs predator 2 in the dark and intoxicated ftw.
    used to get well into it when not quite with it and playing as commando the beeping really scared me :p:

ReputationRep:
    Halo, the Library on Legendary is one of the scariest things in the world, essp if your team mate dies

ReputationRep:
    AvP, as long as you're not playing a marine, is quite fun. Playing as an alien, lurking in the shadows of the ceiling, waiting to jump at a marine walking below...great fun Predator's just fun because of all the toys they get to play with, but the stealthy gameplay of playing an alien really can't be beaten by the marines or predator. The motion sensor for the marine scares the hell out of me as well - I hate it soooo much

Horrible memories of my first ever time playing Resident Evil. I was about ten (can't really remember...the game was fairly new at the time), and a friend and I rented it out. We were playing in the middle of the night, with all the lights off, curtains drawn and so on. I took my character along a corridor, a zombie dog jumped through a window and it scared me so much that I jumped and let go of the controller...and I refused to play it afterwards

ever play the thing?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Had planned on buying it but never did.

was quite good. didnt help playing whilst erm in a somewhat besotted state :p: made for extra paranoia :rofl: made it funnier though :p:

ReputationRep:
    wow. this place isn't really awake, is it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm awake. was just coming into post and saw you beated me to it

:yawn:

ReputationRep:
    * Dalimyr :poke: Den *

ReputationRep:
    :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: What's up, hb?

ReputationRep:
    wow people are HERE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    :hugs: What's up, hb?
    long, long story.
    ah well. bed time and more reading- 8am start for me. bye bye guys zxx

/me leaves :p:

ReputationRep:
    and the society dies once more.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.