Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Fancy Dress - Questions, advice, cheap solutions, themes Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm going to a fancy dress party with this sort of theme, was thinking of going as Elle Woods from Legally Blonde because I've got blonde hair (yes I know, very original! ) but I can't find any cheapish, bright pink jackets anywhere like the one she wears with her skirt and heels?

Thus link might work? (It's a pic of her in the jacket and skirt).
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=leg...:0&tx=61&ty=60

I've tried looking in charity shops and things but obviously stock varies every day. Any ideas? Has anyone gone as a Legally Blonde character to a party/does anyone have any other ideas for possible costumes pretty please??

Would be so so grateful for any ideas (will give rep too ) thank youu xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Elle Driver from Kill Bill. I dressed as her for Halloween last year

ReputationRep:
    Paint yourself blue and go as a smurf.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going as what I actually wanted/want to be because it's boring.

Lots of people will be sexy secretaries/nurses/sailors etc.

I actually can't think of anything to go as, here are the only ideas i've had so far:
    -dancer: could probably borrow a leotard/tutu, with heels. not too hard, but I don't really like it.
    -hippie: also pretty easy, i could wear shorts and I know people with a lot of things i could borrow.
    -robber/bandit: but don't know how!

but they're not very good ideas so all suggestions welcome!

ReputationRep:
    stripper perhaps? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    A coffin. Get a few cardboard boxes, paint them, make arm and leg holes and strap them round you ..

Or a skeleton?

Seriously, it's a bit grim but it'll be original at least!

Or .. You could dress up as a pregnant chav with six other children (think a kid's pram, toy buggy, a kid's car seat and a baby sling - with lots of cheap dolls!) ? That's probably what I'd do..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisydaffodil)

Or .. You could dress up as a pregnant chav with six other children (think a kid's pram, toy buggy, a kid's car seat and a baby sling - with lots of cheap dolls!) ? That's probably what I'd do..
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Super hero.

ReputationRep:
    Go as a fire engine! It was my dream...

That or a dinosaur.

ReputationRep:
    What is the boring thing you actually want to be?

ReputationRep:
    Haha we did this in sixth form once and I attempted to be what I very much wanted to be when I was little- a weather girl! Although I made it a bit more obvious by attaching lots of weather signs to me that I'd printed from the computer haha. I think I held a little pointer thing too and randomly pointed the wall and did my fake weather if anyone requested!

ReputationRep:
    Pussycat Doll?

ReputationRep:
    Dress up as a man, you'll be water-cooler famous.

ReputationRep:
    You can't go wrong with a banana :banana2:

ReputationRep:
    A dragon.

"Eight year old, we need you to spy!"
    "But I want to be a dragon!"

Russell Howard is never wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Archaeologist (desert boots, hat, khaki clothes or worn-out jeans and a spade), judge (self-explanatory), explorer (pretty similar to archaeologist but swap spade for binoculars), Prime Minister (suit), artist (paint-spattered man-shirt and leggings), druid (go all Spinal Tap and carry a miniature Stone Henge around with you)... I think that's a complete list of my childhood abitions, goodness knows how I ended up studying Literature...

(Original post by Leigh303)
    I'm not going as what I actually wanted/want to be because it's boring.

Lots of people will be sexy secretaries/nurses/sailors etc.

I actually can't think of anything to go as, here are the only ideas i've had so far:
    -dancer: could probably borrow a leotard/tutu, with heels. not too hard, but I don't really like it.
    -hippie: also pretty easy, i could wear shorts and I know people with a lot of things i could borrow.
    -robber/bandit: but don't know how!

but they're not very good ideas so all suggestions welcome!
    For a robber/bandit, you could wear a black and white striped top (couple of quid in Primark), black trousers and cut holes in a travel sleeping mask. :yes: Swag bag optional.

ReputationRep:
    God?

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to be a fairy.

Or an astronomer with my telescope.

ReputationRep:
    Time Lord.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.