The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow Student - Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Hi Eileen, its Marie-Louise from Admissions here - thank you for your enquiry. We do accept the CAE with a minimum grade B. Please see http://www.gla.ac.uk/international/englishlanguagerequirements/ for a full list of accepted tests and scores required. If you have any other questions about this you can email us at [email protected].
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 21
Thank you for the parking answer, I had been looking for an idea of costs for the parking on Google with no luck.
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi,

I am an applicant from Malaysia. I'm wondering how open Glasgow is to alternative qualifications? I currently hold a Diploma (2.5 years) at a Distinction level. Would it be considered as at least one A-Level subject, or two?

Thank you!
Reply 23
Hello,

I submitted my online application for the MSc in Software Engineering three days ago. I would like to ask you if you could inform when should I expect the decision announcement?

Thank you very much!
Original post by partickler
Hi,

I am an applicant from Malaysia. I'm wondering how open Glasgow is to alternative qualifications? I currently hold a Diploma (2.5 years) at a Distinction level. Would it be considered as at least one A-Level subject, or two?

Thank you!

Hi there,

You may wish to submit this question directly to the admissions team with a little bit more detail about your current qualifications and the programme of interest. You can submit an enquiry at: http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/about/contacts/

Good luck with your application.

Kate @Recruitment & International Office
Hello,

I applied for Biomedical Engineering for 2012 entry. Narrowly missing the automatic unconditional grades and so I received an email stating that my application will be held until all applications have been reviewed in January 2012 and that I will get an update sometime in March. I am just wondering if its possible to get any news before March? It's just that I am really excited about the course and the waiting is frustrating!

Thank you in advance!
Reply 26
Personally I haven't received any email informing me when I should expect the review results....
Original post by RelativelyUnkown
Hello,

I applied for Biomedical Engineering for 2012 entry. Narrowly missing the automatic unconditional grades and so I received an email stating that my application will be held until all applications have been reviewed in January 2012 and that I will get an update sometime in March. I am just wondering if its possible to get any news before March? It's just that I am really excited about the course and the waiting is frustrating!

Thank you in advance!

HI There,

So glad you are excited about the Engineering programme.

The end of March is the latest you will find out what the decision is, so it could be a bit before then, it is all dependant on how many applications we receive as to how quick we can let students know. We will do our best to ensure you aren't waiting too long.

Many Thanks

Miriam @ Recruitment and International Office
Reply 28
I have submitted an application online for a masters program. The reply online is listed as conditional. I am three months from finishing my undergrad and so once I submit my final transcript it will change to unconditional, yes? So it means I'm in?
Original post by waldeny
I have submitted an application online for a masters program. The reply online is listed as conditional. I am three months from finishing my undergrad and so once I submit my final transcript it will change to unconditional, yes? So it means I'm in?

Hi there

Thanks for your enquiry. If you fulfil the conditional offer then yes, it will become an unconditional offer after you finish your undergraduate degree and you have a place :smile:

Lily @ Recruitment and International Office
I have a question about Primary Education. Recently I got an interview for the Dumfries campus for the 2nd of February yet yesterday I got an unsuccessful offer for Primary Education at the Glasgow campus. The rejected was based on my results. What I fail to understand is why would Glasgow campus reject me on my grades but Dumfries give me an interview if they are both like the same university in a way?
Hi. I have submitted 2 applications for msc finance related subjects and when i revisit my applications it shows a conditional status. Does it mean i will receice an offer letter stating the conditions to be met?
Reply 32
I have an offer for French and Spanish rr41 and I am really considering to firm Glasgow uni but I can't find the course's modules anywhere on the uni's site and that's holding me back .The Modern Languages Department's info is so poor in comparison to other unis:frown: I will appreciate any info about the modules,staff,etc
Reply 33
Original post by aledora
I have an offer for French and Spanish rr41 and I am really considering to firm Glasgow uni but I can't find the course's modules anywhere on the uni's site and that's holding me back .The Modern Languages Department's info is so poor in comparison to other unis:frown: I will appreciate any info about the modules,staff,etc

Try here:

http://www.gla.ac.uk/coursecatalogue/
Original post by wigglewigglex
I have a question about Primary Education. Recently I got an interview for the Dumfries campus for the 2nd of February yet yesterday I got an unsuccessful offer for Primary Education at the Glasgow campus. The rejected was based on my results. What I fail to understand is why would Glasgow campus reject me on my grades but Dumfries give me an interview if they are both like the same university in a way?

Hi

Thanks for your message.

Dumfries requires different entry requirements for some of their programmes and this could be why you have different offers. For up to date information on our requirements (grades, work experiences, extra qualifications needed) check out our website:
http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/

Miriam @ RIO
Original post by onneetse83
Hi. I have submitted 2 applications for msc finance related subjects and when i revisit my applications it shows a conditional status. Does it mean i will receice an offer letter stating the conditions to be met?

HI

You will receive an offer letter stating the conditional requirements, this should also be available online also.

Miriam @ RIO
Check out our visit Opportunities at Glasgow uni:

http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/opendays/

Want more information on Glasgow Uni and the area? Check out out Gen Website:
http://www.the-gen.net/glasgow/
Hi there,

Was wondering whether you can still apply to Glasgow University on a transfer basis if you are currently at a different university (in my case Durham), but want to study a course at Glasgow different than the one I am currently studying at present?

If so, how does this type of application differ from a normal application on UCAS?

Thanks.
Reply 38
Hello,
Yesterday I've got a conditional offer for undergraduate Economic studies at University of Glasgow. The language requirements are IELTS at 6.5 with no subset under 6. Today, I've got the results of IELTS exam and my band score overall is 6.0 ( listening: 6.5, reading: 6.0, writing: 5.0, speaking: 6.0). I was wondering what should I do? Are there still any possibilities that I would get in?
Hi there

Basically i need information on wheather or not i would be able to study the law course at glasgow, i am hoping to send my application away towards the end of this year hoping to study a course in 2013.

the only problem i have is that i didn't decide on my career choice untill midway through 5th year and i was only doing one higher at the time though i was able to pick up one more higher but i wasn't allow to do anymore as courses had gone into to much depth.

in the end i achieved 2 A's for my highers in 5th year which were business Managment and Modern Studies.

In 6th year i choose to study 5 highers in english,computing and crashed 3 which were RMPS, Geography and Spanish.

As of now i have 5A's and 2B's is there any chance i would still have a chance of getting an offer for glasgow

thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending