Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel Maths - Unit 2 Higher Tier March 5th 2012 Watch

ReputationRep:
    anyone remember the upper and lower bounds?

ReputationRep:
    anyone now what they got for the exchange question...the difference ?

ReputationRep:
    i wrote 119 for the area of the segment and 10 for the last one as well!!

ReputationRep:
    Are the model answers up yet? I really want to see it! By the way how do u get x=10 for te last answer? I multiplied both sides outside the fraction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YNWA)
    i wrote 119 for the area of the segment and 10 for the last one as well!!
    Yaaay! :>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Putch1)
    anyone remember the upper and lower bounds?
    Yh it was C=3.6 you have to compare the upper and lower bounds and state that both the upper and lower boud correct to two significant figures =3.6

ReputationRep:
    I want model answers for calc link anyone???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooner4ever)
    Yh it was C=3.6 you have to compare the upper and lower bounds and state that both the upper and lower boud correct to two significant figures =3.6
    Great , I also rounded to 3.6. But for my reasoning, I wrote '3.6 is between UB 3.61 and LB 3.59;. Would that be a correct reasoning?

ReputationRep:
    I want model answers for calc link anyone???
    I think Arsey will post the paper and the answers in an hour or so.

ReputationRep:
    Great , I also rounded to 3.6. But for my reasoning, I wrote '3.6 is between UB 3.61 and LB 3.59;. Would that be a correct reasoning?
    Hmmm.. I kinda said tht but talked about significant figures. I fou did all the working out though I'm am almost 80% sure you'll get all the marks

ReputationRep:
    I think Arsey will post the paper and the answers in an hour or so.
    You have no idea!! When he'll post it lol! But yeah I agree he'll post itin an hour but in an our I'll be in skol!!

ReputationRep:
    i got the same answer as the other method aswell so it should be right ifi got the answer

ReputationRep:
    You have no idea!! When he'll post it lol! But yeah I agree he'll post itin an hour but in an our I'll be in skol!!
    Haha, well on Saturday, around 7am-8am, he posted the first paper and solutions, so I predict he'll do the same for calculator paper :P

ReputationRep:
    Did.anyone get the histogram question???

I for the freq
    uency densitybut didn't know to plot.it because the numbers was soon Highness...so I went in 50s

ReputationRep:
    50's? o.O the highest frequency density I calculated was 4.8, so I scaled it to 5

ReputationRep:
    for area of segment i did 1/2 x r squared x sin35-triangle and the found area of sector,then i misused them from each other,is that right??

ReputationRep:
    50's? o.O the highest frequency density I calculated was 4.8, so I scaled it to 5

your right,i got 4.8,1.6. ,0.225 etc so did 1-5

ReputationRep:
    Hey, these are the answers of which I can remember putting down to some specific questions, I reckon its safe now to do so: Rugby Question=25 Area Trapezium=72 Final Fraction Question=x=10 Area Segment=119 Perimeter Triangle= (Something like 236) Tyres Question= £234 Inequality=3.5 Teachers older than 55= 8 Median Age= 42 Upper and Lower Bounds= (Average of Both Calculations=Something like 5.589261851). I only put these up for comparison. Im aiming for a 100 on this paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheel1)
    Did.anyone get the histogram question???

I for the freq
    uency densitybut didn't know to plot.it because the numbers was soon Highness...so I went in 50s

you had to find frequency desity and plot that... frequency dens = freq/ class width then you had a max number of like 4.5... or something

ReputationRep:
    RAMM FINAL question ANWSER I WROTE 5!!!

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.