Dissertation/Investigation Progress Thread : AH English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology Watch

kiwi-93
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i still really don't know what to do for my english dissertation! its all a bit daunting really! i'm sure i'll come up with something haha. has anyone started properly?
ArcadiaHouse
Badges: 15
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
On another note, I have just finished my third poem masterpiece. :yep:
Pffft, they have "no depth." :giggle:
bex285
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So my English dissertation research is going well...neither the school library nor my local library had the book I was looking for.
I had to get the library to order it, they better hurry up and get it, I'm stressing :woo:
bex285
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kiwi-93)
i still really don't know what to do for my english dissertation! its all a bit daunting really! i'm sure i'll come up with something haha. has anyone started properly?
Nope, I've not started the course yet :rofl:
Good times :yep:
lcmd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bex285)
So my English dissertation research is going well...neither the school library nor my local library had the book I was looking for.
I had to get the library to order it, they better hurry up and get it, I'm stressing :woo:
You should just buy a cheap copy somewhere. You'll want to make notes and stuff in it later on anyway.
Kirsteneg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Finally decided what to do for the english dissertation - Henrik Ibsen's 'A Doll's House' and 'Hedda Gabler', and I know I DEFINATELY DO NOT want to do ecology for biology investigation. :no:
bex285
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You do realize that is a bad thing, :shock:
Meet my friend, sarcasm :p:
bex285
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lcmd)
You should just buy a cheap copy somewhere. You'll want to make notes and stuff in it later on anyway.
Yeah, I'll probably just read it from this copy then if I decide I definitely want to use it I'll buy a copy :o:
kiwi-93
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kirsteneg)
Finally decided what to do for the english dissertation - Henrik Ibsen's 'A Doll's House' and 'Hedda Gabler'
:O i wanted to do that but my school wouldn't let me because it wasn't originally written in english!! how annoying!
KatMizzle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was thinking of doing "The Waves" and "To The Lighthouse" by Virginia Woolf.. as i hear they're good to study together.

But i have NO idea what to focus the dissertation on!

I've always been bad at picking out common themes and the like.. :eek3:

Need to start reading within the next 2 weeks, and then actually hand in some kind of essay focus.. oh dear!
TimmyVermicelli
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think I'm going to compare a Kazuo Ishiguro's The Remains of the Day and Alexander Solzhenitsyn's One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich. I might also throw in Cormac McCarthy's The Road as well because I love it so much. Basically my theme will be about when a man becomes sub-human, both psychologically (Ishiguro) and physically (Solzhenitsyn), and what happens to a man who is broken by external elements.
K.T.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
With regards to AH English, I haven't even read all books! Nor found a suitable title for my books.

Doing; 1984, Fahrenheit 451 and Brave New World. :eek:

You're the expert on this, any ideas?

Summons.
*is summoned*

Sorry to be all old-skool about things, but I'd suggest just reading them first... :p: & sooner rather than later!
Kirsteneg
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
biology investigation - (hopefully) the effects of macroelement deficiency in plants.
Guybrush_Threepwood
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kirsteneg)
biology investigation - (hopefully) the effects of macroelement deficiency in plants.
Hydroponics kit at the ready! :yep:

I was going to do analysis of protein content of different foods, but couldn't find any consistent methods. So I decided to change it to vitamin C analysis in different fruits/veg - my title could be something like: "An Analysis of the Most Effective Method for a Seafaring Pirate to Overcome Scurvy: Yaaargh!" :awesome:

But I'm struggling trying to find a consistent method for that as well So I'm not sure what I'm going to do - I'd preferably want to do something with food/nutrition.
I'll just have to get my teacher to help me find suitable experimental procedure.
Kirsteneg
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Guybrush_Threepwood)
Hydroponics kit at the ready! :yep:

I was going to do analysis of protein content of different foods, but couldn't find any consistent methods. So I decided to change it to vitamin C analysis in different fruits/veg - my title could be something like: "An Analysis of the Most Effective Method for a Seafaring Pirate to Overcome Scurvy: Yaaargh!" :awesome:

But I'm struggling trying to find a consistent method for that as well So I'm not sure what I'm going to do - I'd preferably want to do something with food/nutrition.
I'll just have to get my teacher to help me find suitable experimental procedure.
Pfft. I only picked it because there's a bit on it in higher. I didn't know what a hydroponics kit was until it typed it into wiki just now. :facepalm:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads