Girl from freshers on facebook..should I add her Watch

aidanftw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Man up. People add people on facebook all the time, adding her shows a friendly confidence which she may think is pretty damn cool.

If thats your biggest worry at the moment you're one lucky boy.
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
lol it's only facebook. I add loads of people I don't really know that well. On facebook, that's often because I'm trying to recruit them to one of the societies or committees I represent, but it may also just be that I want to get to know them!
Missmeem
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just add her.
illy123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've already added everyone from my Fresher's group, girl or boy.
Cyth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes yes yes... adddd then . message eachother, then meet up, get together, have sex, and live life happily ever after ... worth a try?
Clunge
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Add her. Also let me know when you finalise a date, so I have time to buy my hat.
SuperStaah
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just add her.
The worst thing she can do is reject your request.
During this time, a lot of people are adding each other on facebook from freshers groups anyway, so I hardly think she's going to think you're a creep.
_Shanice_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
yeah its gonna look so obvious if i randomly get talking to her on there...mind u-some guy from the freshers group is on there and hes flirting really obviously but hes very poor at it (some foreign student from egypt so his english isnt great either) and she seems to reply to everything-so shes pretty friendly/doesnt care
But is she replying to flirt or be friendly? And if she is flirting back it doesn't necessarily mean she's interested, people flirt all the time on the internet without it meaning anything. But if you're going to add her just to get into her pants and not to be friends with her, then quite frankly, to be honest, you're a bit of a ****. And besides, how do you even know she's single?
Shuvel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Im talking to a few people off my course on facebook atm, not out of pervyness, more a i dont want to not know ANYONE-ness. Nothing wrong with it, well though then again your grounds for talking to her are just looks, may turn out she's a horrible person :P
Anonymous #3
Report 9 years ago
anon for obvious reasons
rather its deleted than de-anoned

A few of my friends have got talking to potential uni-mates on facebook. One of my friends has even started texting some girl whos gonna be at his uni.

I joined my freshers group and theres one really pretty girl whos caught my eye. Should I add her and speak to her on here or will it be weird. im thinking of doing so cos i suppose it will be a bit easier if i know someone and shes pretty hot so not a bad shout getting to know her before but shes very pretty so may think im being a perve/creep.
Why thank you, I'm flattered :flutter:. Of course you can add me :mmm: just for friendship of course :teehee:
The Wicked Wolf
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by illy123)
I've already added everyone from my Fresher's group, girl or boy.
You've added I guess around 200+ people you don't know? crazy!

Personally I don't think I'll be adding anyone before I get there. I don't really want people knowing what I'm like before they actually get to know me. I especially don't like the idea of people coming up to me in Freshers and saying "hey I know you! from facebook right?". I'm already going to have a few people from TSR on my course knowing who I am as it is :/ lol
illy123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by The Wicked Wolf)
You've added I guess around 200+ people you don't know? crazy!

Personally I don't think I'll be adding anyone before I get there. I don't really want people knowing what I'm like before they actually get to know me. I especially don't like the idea of people coming up to me in Freshers and saying "hey I know you! from facebook right?". I'm already going to have a few people from TSR on my course knowing who I am as it is :/ lol
Only the ones for my specific subject which has been around 40/50 and maybe another 10 from my accommodation. Probably talked to only 70% though. Still, saves some awkward convos when uni starts - better get them out of the way on facebook lol
Yesterday
Report 9 years ago
Why thank you, I'm flattered :flutter:. Of course you can add me :mmm: just for friendship of course :teehee:
:surprise:
FatFridge
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do it, you pusseh!

:mad:
littlehobbit
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Go for it Just send a message saying that you see you're both going to the same uni, what is she studying and what accomodation and such like.
La Esmerelda
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe don't add her but look out for her.
Some people get a bit weird about being added beforehand, like maybe she'll think you're too keen or something.
WhuTom
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FatFridge)
Do it, you pusseh!

:mad:

LOL that's an alpha male response and a half.
Rep for you my friend! ^_^

Just go for it dude, everyone accepts facebook adds, they don't really mean much anymore it seems. And besides, you've got good reasoning for adding her - you're about to go to uni and want to meet people before you get there.
n0c0ntr0l
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes. Just don't be creepy. It's cool, i've added quite a few in my halls already and been talking to them. Hell i've spent a good 2 hours talking to one of my flatmates.
n0c0ntr0l
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by La Esmerelda)
Maybe don't add her but look out for her.
Some people get a bit weird about being added beforehand, like maybe she'll think you're too keen or something.
Its freshers ... such rules do not apply!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads