The Official "Is it ok to be a virgin thread" Watch

Melting Sugar.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
Didn't bubbles do one of these a few weeks ago?
She created it in January. I think i'm gonna post in AAM and ask for it to be stickied as these threads are REALLY annoying me now. :rolleyes:
amelialynch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A lot of people that create those kinds of threads aren't actually looking for a straight yes or no answer. They're just asking for a bit of reassurance and a confidence booster for something that bothers them. It's not hard to just skip over them and accept that young people are ALWAYS going to be hung up on virginity and sex, no matter how many billions of people have done it before them...

And "bored" is a pretty stupid word to use. They're not made for your amusement. :stupid:
SuperStaah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It will never end, no matter what you say! :no:
AnonymousOne
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by amelialynch)
A lot of people that create those kinds of threads aren't actually looking for a straight yes or no answer. They're just asking for a bit of reassurance and a confidence booster for something that bothers them. It's not hard to just skip over them and accept that young people are ALWAYS going to be hung up on virginity and sex, no matter how many billions of people have done it before them...

And "bored" is a pretty stupid word to use. They're not made for your amusement. :stupid:
Yes they may need reassurance...how about friends or parents? Of course everyone has questions but surely your friends or paretns can answer them?
dmae
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by AnonymousOne)
Sorry . I got my numbers off the guardian website haha.
My numbers are from poll by Durex (made in 26 countries).
Some additional figures :

global average = 19.25
highest average = 23 (Malaysia)
lowest average= 17.3 (Austria)
Melting Sugar.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If we get this one made into an official and purple titled one like bubbles' "never been kissed" thread and if you keep bumping it and reporting any other threads to be merged into this one then we might stop the clutter of them in H&R. That way they all get reassurance and get to talk to each other about it AND we don't get annoyed about the amount of them.

Ask in AAM.
AnonymousOne
Rep:
?
(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
She created it in January. I think i'm gonna post in AAM and ask for it to be stickied as these threads are REALLY annoying me now. :rolleyes:
Sorry . Wasn't meant to annoy people. Was just meant to point out that the question is asked toooooo often :rolleyes:
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
Its when its not a choice and it just hasnt happenned is why people get paranoid and start wondering if it's normal.
Melting Sugar.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sorry . Wasn't meant to annoy people. Was just meant to point out that the question is asked toooooo often :rolleyes:
Nah its okay, her's is about kissing so it's probably better that there's seperate ones so its clear that this one is about being a virgin.

If you change it to the official "is it okay to be a virgin thread" and post in AAM asking for it to be made purple like bubbles and have any "is it okay to be a virgin" threads merged into this one.
AnonymousOne
Rep:
?
(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
Nah its okay, her's is about kissing so it's probably better that there's seperate ones so its clear that this one is about being a virgin.

If you change it to the official "is it okay to be a virgin thread" and post in AAM asking for it to be made purple like bubbles and have any "is it okay to be a virgin" threads merged into this one.
Ok .
wintersunset
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
Didn't bubbles do one of these a few weeks ago?
no bubbles*de*milo did the opposite, she was basically like your virginity isn't precious if you lose to random person when you're young or with someone you love when you're older it makes no difference. i kinda agree with that, it's nothing special.
Melting Sugar.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wintersunset)
no bubbles*de*milo did the opposite, she was basically like your virginity isn't precious if you lose to random person when you're young or with someone you love when you're older it makes no difference. i kinda agree with that, it's nothing special.
ohh yeah she did one of those too, I thought he was on about her "i'm 17/18/25/102 and never been kissed" thread
Cultivated
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No one cares if you're a virgin but yourself, OP.
Virginity is overrated and so 1850s. Get it over with already.
n0c0ntr0l
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I totally agree with it!
AnonymousOne
Rep:
?
I'm not saying it's precious. I'm saying the opposite. I'm saying it doesn't matter at all so just make your own choices.
AnonymousOne
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cultivated)
No one cares if you're a virgin but yourself, OP.
Virginity is overrated and so 1850s. Get it over with already.
I'm not a virgin for the 1000th time XD
Flying Cookie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Virginity is a religious and oppressive cultural issue applied in places where society is directly controlled, and only relevant to those that consider sex a taboo subject.

Other than that...

:wavey: So what's up?
Cultivated
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm not a virgin for the 1000th time XD
You ****** like one last night
Consilio Et Animis
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Flying Cookie)
Virginity is a religious and oppressive cultural issue applied in places where society is directly controlled, and only relevant to those that consider sex a taboo subject.

Other than that...

:wavey: So what's up?
Are you a virgin?
Do lesbian/gays tend to be as promiscuous as straights? I don't know why, I always thought that maybe they're more into like the emotional side of a relationship than just sex. Probably me generalising tho.

Err, wtf is wrong with me today. Why am I even asking you this, FC.
Flying Cookie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Consilio Et Animis)
Are you a virgin?
Do lesbian/gays tend to be as promiscuous as straights? I don't know why, I always thought that maybe they're more into like the emotional side of a relationship than just sex. Probably me generalising tho.

Err, wtf is wrong with me today. Why am I even asking you this, FC.
:laugh: It's funny how everyone knows that I'm gay without me necessarily telling it.

The stereotypes:

Gay men have a lot of casual sex. Lesbians move in very quickly.

Hence the joke:

Q: What does a lesbian bring on a second date?
A: A U-Haul (truck service used to carry loads of stuff when moving house).
Q: What does a gay man bring on a second date?
A: What second date?

:laugh:

Anyway, the truth does not lay in stereotypes or generalizations, as most of them are just self-fulfilling prophecies.

You're right, though, a study* has shown that gay men and women tend to form stronger emotional attachments than straight men and women.

*the study was referenced in Wikipedia, but I have lost the page, sorry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.73%
No - but I will (104)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (648)
47.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise