?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tootles)
Easy mistake to make, really, isn't it?
Yes, but also pretty embarrassing.
JSS16
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
I was out for dinner once a few years ago with my aunt and uncle. My aunt's sister texts her asking if she knew any good dating websites cause her husband/partner just left her. My aunt laughs, and I start going on about how desperate you'd have to be to meet someone on a dating website, and how it's a ridiculous way of meeting people.

My aunt and uncle met on a dating website.
ashy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tootles)
That happened in our class. Someone was talking about orgasms that have died and the teacher looked at them and called across the room "you'd be better off with a living one." We all rolled around on the floor.
Hmm. I have a friend with this story: at school in a physics lesson, someone said "can you come over here sir" and he replied "not from this distance".
Gallabay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
after a day at Wolvo uni, for my extended project, i was chatting to a mate (with one of her mates stood there) and i roundly and thoroughly **** on Wolvo uni - "who would want to go there? its a sh*thole!"

My mates mate looked at me, sheepishly, and said "I going there." .....

Ground, swallow me whole!
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ashy)
Hmm. I have a friend with this story: at school in a physics lesson, someone said "can you come over here sir" and he replied "not from this distance".
Absolutetly classic.
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My most embarrassing moment had to be when I was 17, massively interested in politics and 'lucky' enough to be spoken to by a candidate during election time.
I was so eager not to let the chance to question him pass me by. He turned to me and said 'Are you old enough to vote?'. Not thinking, but not wanting him just to walk away due to me being too young to matter to him, I quickly responded 'No, but my Mum is'. The shame...
thunder_chunky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was trying to compliment my other half by saying "is that the face that launched a thousand ships?" Basically saying she is beautiful etc etc.

Instead though, purely because of a slip of the tounge I said:

"Is that the face that sunk a thousand ships?"

...She still hasn't forgotton...
Princesschickenbelly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ashy)
That is particularly tame.

I once slept through a Personal Tutor meeting (uni) and emailed him after I woke up to tell him I had a migraine :awesome:
Ha ha I did the same thing only I told him I had caught a virus and was contagious. He actually thanked me for saving him from catching it :p:
treasureBelle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
One of my sister's friends has Tourettes. He was out with a group of friends one day, passed an old lady in the street, and said, "You not dead yet?"
His friends SO wanted to laugh (that's how they usually react to it), but had to keep a straight face as they struggled to explain the situation to this old lady.

Once when I was little, one of my mum's friends came round, who had lots of freckles. She also had a few moles/warts, though not many. I said, in all innocence, "Why do you have those spots all over your face?"
DisgruntledMoth
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was getting changed in a stall in a public changing room, when I heard two women meet, one with a small child. One said to the other "oh, she's beautiful, isn't she? She looks just like her mother. But she has Philip's eyes - no, no, no, she definately, really does have Philip's eyes!" Then the other lady, who had been trying to stop her, said "sorry, no. She's not Philip's daughter..." before uncomfortably leaving.

That must've been pretty awful. The fact that she made such a mistake, and also that she showed her compliments to be absolutely insincere. I was seriously trying hard not to laugh, though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads