Serene Williams - "I did not say I would kill you!" - semi final rant Watch

Yawn-er
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lmao. Loads've people hate the Williams sisters.

She slips up once, and everyone pounces on her as quickly as they can. Unfortunate tbh. She'll probably be back next year with a vengeance.

Oh, and two things:

1) It wasn't a footfault.
2) No-one, except that official seems to have heard her say: "I'll kill you."
Mick Travis
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It seems pretty clear she made a physical threat to the linejudge. At the very least she should be banned from the tour until she is prepared to apologise for what she did.

Also, why the hate for Venus? I don't particularly care for her but I'm not sure what she has done to be disliked. Serena is another matter entirely.
Georgie Doll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know that it wasn't actually a foot fault, and maybe the line judge was wrong in calling it BUT there is absolutely no excuse for the way Serena acted out there. As a professional, she should have been able to act maturely about the call instead of threatening the line judge! If she had a problem, which admittedly she should have, it would have been simple enough to go and talk to the umpire about it, instead of acting in the manner that she did.

Also, in my opinion, what she said to the line judge is a lot worse than a lot of people are making out. It's just a shame that less people heard what she actually said.

Would like to add that I am not a huge fan of woman's tennis, but Serena is one of the players I like, so I'm not just looking for reasons to hate her.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't think it mattered what she said. Her behaviour was confrontational and deserved the penalty. Pity. She has a nice arse.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise