Barcap trading/structuring fast track AC invite Watch

ClickItBack
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Would be grateful if someone could PM me a proper contact number - I tried calling through reception today but no one picked up when redirected.
Banachi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
did anyone hear back yesterday evening after the ac yet? my feeling was that they had made their decisions already on thursday and just wanted to check if their feeling was right. especially the late interviews felt as if the interviewer did not try to seriously assess the candidate.
slotcars12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
i havent heard anything back yet. it was a strange setup. im not too confident because everyone was very qualified and the interviews where all very relaxed.
Chewwy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by slotcars12)
the interviews where all very relaxed.
same.

every interview I had, the interviewer spent half the time talking about how BarCap was a great place to work. Nice to know, but i wasn't really given any opportunity to show them what i know, tell them about my experiences, skills etc. bizarre.

though, i got an email this morning from a guy who i sat with at dinner, saying his desk wasn't taking anyone from the AC....

....i didn't even get an interview with that desk!!! why bother telling me? if he liked me enough to send me the email, he could've at least got me an interview!

grr.
slotcars12
Rep:
?
yeah it was frustrating. have you heard of anyone being offered a place? do you think we would have heard by now if we got an offer?
Banachi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
nothing heard too. maybe, because all candidates were truly high calibre with quant education and trading internship experience, they just go for "personal fit".
LegallyBlonde2.0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
slotcars12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kinetic87)
Hate to dampen expectations but they generally call people same day if they have decided.... one guy I know had to wait two weeks though (this was last year), but think this was the exception...

You're right about them deciding pretty quickly, interviews are more a formality to ensure ur competent, some desks definetely have a strong idea of who they want to hire before interviews
thats what I heard, but with this one being on a friday finishing at 6ish and 30 of us there I have a feeling offers will be distributed on monday. I havent heard of anyone getting an offer yet also. but we'll see.
Bleached
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Banachi)
did anyone hear back yesterday evening after the ac yet? my feeling was that they had made their decisions already on thursday and just wanted to check if their feeling was right. especially the late interviews felt as if the interviewer did not try to seriously assess the candidate.
I think that if you don't receive a call on the same day then it probably won't be good. but this may not be the case.. best of luck though.
Micky13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by loggins)
Anyone get the email saying that their application is on hold and being considered for a further AC? For Sales btw...
Sorry i'm not answering your question but i was wondering if you know how much we're roughly meant to know if we're applying for sales internships?
loggins
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Micky13)
Sorry i'm not answering your question but i was wondering if you know how much we're roughly meant to know if we're applying for sales internships?
For an internship, not a huge amount. Know largely what's happening in the markets, have an opinion, learn a bit about products you're interested in, where BarCap fit in the industry and make sure you're prepped on how to answer any particular competency question.
Micky13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by loggins)
For an internship, not a huge amount. Know largely what's happening in the markets, have an opinion, learn a bit about products you're interested in, where BarCap fit in the industry and make sure you're prepped on how to answer any particular competency question.
cheers...are there any good books specifically for sales? you know, to find out about the different products and stuff?
liyaam7
Report 9 years ago
Does anyone have any idea how much we're meant to know if we're applying for the Sales grad scheme at Barcap? Has anyone been through the process/ is it quite technical?
slotcars12
Rep:
?
any word back from any of the ACs, I heard there was a sales one on the wed/thu. along with the trading one on the thu/fri.
J.oct
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by slotcars12)
any word back from any of the ACs, I heard there was a sales one on the wed/thu. along with the trading one on the thu/fri.
There was an IBD one at the same time as the sales one, not heard anything yet...
slotcars12
Rep:
?
have you heard of anyone that has heard anything yet? it doesnt seem like any offers have been given out yet.
Bleached
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
wow amazing. congrats.
alisama
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by carbomb01)
I got a call Friday saying I had 2 offers.

I also know somebody who got 4 offers!

Just to ensure nobody thinks this is a red herring, got call at 7.30 and willing to answer questions by PM.

Offers are prop commodities trading and credit trading
easy choice..
wilma flintstone
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jf87)
Anyone know about Research at BarCap? Are they recruiting there?
research summer internship recruit about 5 ppl this is from the hr woman
slotcars12
Rep:
?
invite back to interview with credit trading team, im guessing the other dude accepted the prop offer then?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (285)
37.7%
No - but I will (53)
7.01%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.28%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (363)
48.02%

Watched Threads