I experienced 0-60 in 3 seconds :) Watch

Pezza18
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cheemaj187)
try stealth at thorpe park. 0-80 in under 2 seconds! I went there the other day, it was insane!
That ride is actually insane!
gummers
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
rita at alton towers is pretty god damn fast :P
Samalama
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Pezza18)
That ride is actually insane!
Saw's better
Rubgish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Craigus)
i went flying with a red arrows pilot a few years ago, was most amazing thing ever, flew 20ft over a range of hills and above resvoirs at RAF Leeming, then came back to do an aerobatic display over the airfield, 6G's and -2G's blacked out 3 times haha thats thrilling!
-2g? I'm impressed, how the hell did you manage that? :eek3:
neodymium
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
mph or kph?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TomInce6666)
oh okay.
i can imagine doing shooting off a 300 yard runway on a carrier would be fun in an eurofighter or an F-22
cant they both do VTOL?
I wish they didn't retire the SR-71. Was hoping to fly in it one day, at maximum speed (2200mph).
venomizer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Benjybh)
Trust me, glider takeoffs are much more exciting/terrifying when it's your first solo! :woo:
Haha, yeahhh I know. That was a little bit nerve racking!

Where do you fly from?
Craigus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rubgish)
-2g? I'm impressed, how the hell did you manage that? :eek3:
he was flying lol dont ask me, and -G happens when you push down on the stick (flying straight) and +G happens when u pull up (flying straight) was intense, i ended up pulling the muscles in my neck; was on tablets for a month after haha (bad times)
terpineol
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
<Plane Geek> Neither can VTOL, the only fixed-wing jets that can do that are the Harrier and Yak-36(?). Also, being anal about things, neither the Typhoon or F-22 can fly off carriers; you'd be looking at doing that in a F/A-18, Rafale etc </Plane Geek>

Trust me, glider takeoffs are much more exciting/terrifying when it's your first solo! :woo:
I found my first solo was strangely clam.
MikeL230
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
<Plane Geek> Neither can VTOL, the only fixed-wing jets that can do that are the Harrier and Yak-36(?). Also, being anal about things, neither the Typhoon or F-22 can fly off carriers; you'd be looking at doing that in a F/A-18, Rafale etc </Plane Geek>

What about the JSF?
Benjybh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by venomizer)
Where do you fly from?
I did a gliding course down at RNAS Yeovilton. Hopefully come good weather/summer I'll be flying from my local at Kenley.

(Original post by terpineol)
I found my first solo was strangely clam.
Clam eh?

(Original post by MikeL230)
What about the JSF?
Yeah, forgot that. I hope we don't buy the VTOL variant though.
TomInce6666
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
oh thanks guys anyway im in the ccf and the raf section are always talking about their gliding and prop stuff, never been that interested in anything unless it can carry a 2,000 lbs bomb lol
xTazx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Glider's must feel faster because of the way you are strapped on etc, its all about adrenalin rushes, and sitting belted into a car at that speed as opposed to belting down the air at that speed, easy choice to make.
Maximum Velocity
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I did a gliding course down at RNAS Yeovilton. Hopefully come good weather/summer I'll be flying from my local at Kenley.

Clam eh?

Calm !
ashy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Maximum Velocity)
It was in a glider , obviously attatched to the winch rope. And it done 0-60 in around 3 seconds. It felt crazy. But in a car I expect it to be more thrilling seeing as the plane instantly went to 60 , but in a car it wheelspins a bit.

Was hectic though !
Viking?

Wait til you do aerobatics in a Grobb Tutor. Then you will feel G forces
Benjybh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I figured! :P

Mine was fine once I was in the air - I realised that I was capable of doing what I needed to do, but it was bloody terrifying when you've closed the canopy and waiting for the tug to take you up.
Benjybh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ashy)
Viking?

Wait til you do aerobatics in a Grobb Tutor. Then you will feel G forces
I did mine in a Puchacz, and you could pull 4G in a spin recovery. That was pretty awesome.
Zedd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by crazyjoyce)
haha try it on a 1000cc sports bike in 1st gear with the front wheel off the ground!
You've got to slip the clutch, that wheel in the air means you ain't going to reach 60 as fast as you could, let alone in 3 seconds.

Anyway, I'd love to go hang-gliding or better yet...base jumping
ashy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did mine in a Puchacz, and you could pull 4G in a spin recovery. That was pretty awesome.
Awesome The highest I've had in the Tutor was about 5.5 when I overcooked a loop :redface:
Blaah Blaah
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know I'm interrupting on plane talk, but Top Thrill Dragster in Cedar Point, 0 to 120 mph in 3.8 seconds, :coma:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads