SGUL work exp evidence Watch

EmersonDrain
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Phalanges)
That's not really true. Any interviewer worth his salt would be able to tell in 5 minutes whether you had actually done what you said you had.
Some medical schools rely on that approach. SGUL prefer documentation. I went to a medical careers conference at the start of September and several of the speakers (admissions tutors from various places) said that they were moving towards formal verification rather than relying on interviewers picking up issues. Perhaps they don't consider that they are worth their salt as interviewers
Phalanges
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by EmersonDrain)
Some medical schools rely on that approach. SGUL prefer documentation. I went to a medical careers conference at the start of September and several of the speakers (admissions tutors from various places) said that they were moving towards formal verification rather than relying on interviewers picking up issues. Perhaps they don't consider that they are worth their salt as interviewers
I guess it enables them to chuck a few out pre-interview (albeit at the expense of more paperwork), and a few will get through every year by lying.

But I dislike the idea of being forced to prove you've done something. The experiences you've gained from it are the important thing, so ultimately they should be what is focused on, unless the people suspect someone of lying in individual cases, rather than blanket assuming everyone is lying and making them prove it.
EmersonDrain
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Phalanges)
But I dislike the idea of being forced to prove you've done something. The experiences you've gained from it are the important thing, so ultimately they should be what is focused on, unless the people suspect someone of lying in individual cases, rather than blanket assuming everyone is lying and making them prove it.
It's the same with the applications for Foundation training - 10% of all applications are randomly audited and applicants are asked for proof of the experiences they've used in the responses to the questions (scenario / competency type questions). The markers can also request verification from any additional applicants as they see fit. There's not a whole lot of trust in the process.
a.sehgal
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Is it necessary to bring all this stuff to interview?? I did some work experience in India the main work experience that i did and i dont think i have this kind of proof!
jeremybag
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yes... on the email it said they want this proof taken to interview.
a.sehgal
Report 9 years ago
i dont have work experience proof for 2 days but the work experience was in india will they reject me on that basis i cant really get documentation any time soon
loveisjustasong
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by a.sehgal)
i dont have work experience proof for 2 days but the work experience was in india will they reject me on that basis i cant really get documentation any time soon
Why can't you phone them?
I contacted them regarding my evidence, they are kind people...
SahilB91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
rofl i'm glad i'm applying here. i have literally no documentation although according to what Emerson said before, looks like I will need to get some anyway for future applications.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (571)
37.71%
No - but I will (119)
7.86%
No - I don't want to (109)
7.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (715)
47.23%

Watched Threads