The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
makinghistory
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Unless the guy was incredibly good looking, great personality and ridiculously charming with all the talents in the world and wearing a tux, I would think 'Awww bless him, in a little brother sort of way. He obviously hasn't been out with many girls on dates before, sweet but a bit full on and desperate as he barely knows me'.

lol, this!

Only James Bond could pull off something like that. If someone who was a little bit geeky it would look really sad! I could pull it off........ :ninja:
Reply 21
No. I wouldn't like that at all.
Reply 22
Cheesy as hell. Who are you - Casanova? Wouldn't buying all her food and drink be enough?
I'd prefer something more personal rather than a generic first date gift.
do it in like a jokey way.
when me and my ex were dating he bought me a bunch of flowers.. it was adorable :smile:
Reply 25
Personally, I'd feel a bit embaressed if someone did that!

It just seems a bit cheesey to me
Reply 26
if you know her or have been friends then yes by all means, if you haven't then I'd say its too risky, either she'll love it or find it creepy. But I'd generally lean on the don't side - just pay for her meal if you want to be a gentleman.

I liked being given one when I got my uni results but that was a month or two into the relationship.
Reply 27
haz220807

This!
Reply 28
I would think that it is a bit much for a first date, later on would be better in my opinion.
OP seriously don't do it. She isn't your girlfriend!
Reply 30
mikeyd85
There is no discussion. A boy will be Dave, a girl, Davina.

Maybe that's why I'm single... :sad:

If thinking that makes you happy, ignorance is bliss
dimexi
Was just wondering - is it a good romantic gesture to give a girl a rose on the first date? Or you reckon it's too full on?

Girls - would you love to be given a rose on the first date

Guys - would you give a rose on a first date (come on, don't be cheap).

Replies from females would be appreciated.

Hmm i agree with some of the other people that it depends on the type of girl it is, and that it might put too much pressure on the date to go well. But if she really likes you then you could go for it :smile:
We can't really say, because each girl will take to it differently, good luck either way!
Reply 32
Love the diversity of the replies! Funny stuff!

Thanks so far... I'm now 50-50..

For those saying it would creep her out - nah, dont think it will as she has mentioned she likes that sort of thing before and she is "into" me (well, all indications point this way).

I've done it once before and the girl really appreciated it.. Meh, 50-50 for now
I would love it :smile:
Reply 34
lol cute... but doesn't really bother me- as long as he buys me a drink or two I'm happy
Reply 35
no...too much!
maybe later in the relationship...
Reply 36
haz220807

Like what? It's a first date, you're unlikely to know them very well.
My partner is the type that likes those sorts of things. It all depends on the individual really.
My gut feeling would be no no no. But if she's the kind of girl who would love that kind of thing, then you've just earned some brownie points.
No gifts on first dates at all... it's weird.

Latest