Is anyone doing maths?!?!?!?! Watch

MikeL230
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I want to go the other way round

Whats compsci like? How come you changed? And how long in?
Diomedes
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
I changed after the first semester. The course wasn't really for me. I chose compsci because i enjoy programming (foolishly), the course at keele starts from the very beginning with programming and it turns out we weren't going to cover anything I hadn't covered myself until year 2. Also i was really enjoying maths
Regardless, it's easier to change from single maths to maths and compsci I would have thought.
MikeL230
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Ahhhh alright. I've never programmed before. Doing the programming elective though.
tehgazza
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
yeah im on the 3 year maths and comp sci hope its good. never programmed anything substatial in my life so it should be good. anyone know if you can still do electives if you dont need them? some unis it seems let you do like 150 CATS
AverageJoe92
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Diomedes)
Good degree, not too hard first semester. Picks up a bit in the second. There's a good mix between decent teaching staff and research staff imo
Keele are reasonably lenient I went from compsci+Maths to single maths but I had the grades to do so. In short if you have the grades for the course you want to change to you'd probably be allowed to.
I think they say there is a 3 week window to change courses easily, something like that, it ends on Friday for this year. I am changing from single honours to dual honours tomorrow morning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads