tv licence Watch

dmi7ry
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Sources for what specifically?
well, the laws regarding who is allowed in and when. but you've done that already. here's an extract from "Student Residences General Regulations and Guidance 2009-2010" (sent from UCL):

"Room checks
All rooms in residence will be checked once per term in order to fulfill Health and Safety responsibilities; to ensure that the accommodation is safe, that nothing illegal or dangerous has been introduced, that it is being kept in a reasonable condition (e.g. to a good standard of cleanliness), and that any unreported maintenance problems can be rectified. You will be given advanced noticed of when room checks will take place."

perhaps active tv-receiving equipment (that does not satisfy the exception stated above somewhere) and lack of tv licence classify as something illegal that could be introduced. i'll take a closer look in the booklet sometime and see if they mention anything else relevant.

a tv licence is required for tvcatchup btw (that doesn't mean it can't be used without one of course).

"Maintenace
All maintenance defects must be reported to the residence management as soon as possible after discovery of the fault. Do not assume that someone else has repoted a fault. The Residence Management, Wardenial staff, cleaning and maintenance staff have the right to enter rooms at any time for necessary maintenance, window cleaning, etc. Advanced notice will be given where possible. ..."
Genius12
Report 9 years ago
I had a TV licence when I lived in halls last year. I watched live TV on my laptop via the aerial cable.

To be honest, you don't need a licence when in halls. They rarely, if ever, do checks, but I got one just to put my mind at rest.
dmi7ry
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
it is. i guess the name is misleading, but it is essentially freeview. there's a thread on their forum about tv licence (made by a uni student): http://forums.tvcatchup.com/showthread.php?t=174
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.73%
No - but I will (104)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (648)
47.75%

Watched Threads