Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
legless leggings lol
Alexandra1234567
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
Definitely those trousers with attached skirts :lolwut:

AND oh god, those STRING VESTS WITH COLOURED VESTS UNDERNEATH. I was shamefully into them, I had several different coloured vests and one white string one :z and I would mix and match...
Missmeem
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by fallen angel9)
I remember those. :rofl: All the girls were walking round with horrible, pink ponchos which just looked tacky. My mum was like, 'Do you want one?' :nothing:
I bought one and I actually never wore it. It scared me xD
modini
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I bought a pair of baggy trousers and a black hoodie once when I was about 12. Dear o dear.
852er
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Heels and Platforms that are too big for me
charleebobs
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I used to love them trousers with the skirt attached but I wasn't allowed any when they first came out so I used to wear jeans with a blue skirt over the top (the shame) after that stint I think my nanna felt sorry for me and brought me some.
jessyfantastic90
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Missmeem)
I bought one and I actually never wore it. It scared me xD
same I bought one from new look and never wore it!
Mobius1
Report 9 years ago
I used to wear odd socks in the 80's, the flourescent orange and green ones!!

I also had a shell-suit around 89-90 and thought I looked cool... how wrong I was!!!
Titanomachy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Underpants.

Seriously, what a jyp! Glad I left those fashion zombie days behind me in the late 80s.
interobang
Report 9 years ago
Excessively baggy jeans and crop t-shirts. Oh the shame...
hattilongsoks
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i used to do the whole mosher thing in secondry, massive baggy jeans (which i turned into fairly decent looking baggy shorts and black band hoodies, did the goth thing but i still have a soft spot for a lot of black and dark eyes, and massive platforms lol

when i was primary age i was a proper chav, nike hoodies and addidas trackies!

I think jeggings will become an awful fashion trend which is why i'm trying so hard not to buy any!!!
w04andia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
two words. neon. leggings.
jessyfantastic90
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Alexandra1234567)
Definitely those trousers with attached skirts :lolwut:

AND oh god, those STRING VESTS WITH COLOURED VESTS UNDERNEATH. I was shamefully into them, I had several different coloured vests and one white string one :z and I would mix and match...
I had a white long sleeved one with a white vest top underneath only wore it onece.

spice girl trainers - wore them once but they were too small for me so I couldn't wear them again

cargo trousers slim ones(I shamefully had a pair in yr12)
army cargo print dress (worn once)
awful printed jeans
skorts
trousers with a skirt on top
yas8
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Popper pants and the skirt and pants together thing.
emmers1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Horrible flared jeans from Tammy and most other clothes from Tammy.
CLEE_F
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i remember when my freinds were goths and i was younger. they dressed in black and i did too but a tracksuit !! haha they eventually became chavs
gummers
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The chav trend
Laurah5498
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Really really Greeb clothing.

I even had those Linkin Park jeans that were oh so popular

I found a pair of jeans that I bought when I was 12 and now I realise why I looked like a beach ball until I was 14. Thank goodness I discovered New Look and H&M before it was too late!!
aliceintheatreland
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ahh I love those heart shaped sunnies! haha!

worst: when Uggs were at their height, not only did I get a FAKE pair, but they were blue. And had butterflies on. Oh. My. God.
Plus, there was this huge 'baggy jean, tight top' trend at my school years ago that I bought into a bit. Shudder...
Girl Overboard
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jessyfantastic90)
same I bought one from new look and never wore it!
Me too! I gave into the trend and got one from New Look, I don't think I wore it once though, it must still be hanging around my house somewhere.

And I think I got one of those string vests, the ones that you layer with normal vests. I don't think I ever wore that either, thank god. I bought a burberry print scarf years ago too, although I think that was slightly before all the chav connotations.

And these might be controversial choices, but Uggs, arab-style neck scarves, and the whole leggings under dresses/skirts craze. I just think they're all too common to be stylish.

Also I got some baggy jeans and smock tops years ago when they were in fashion. Maybe in themselves they're not too bad, but I've got an hourglass shape so I looked really dreadful and shapeless in them. I've learned my lesson now though - buy stuff because it suits you, not because its fashionable!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (285)
37.75%
No - but I will (53)
7.02%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.28%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (362)
47.95%

Watched Threads