Boyfriend refuses to add me on facebook! Watch

emmielociraptor
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Turdburger)
Sounds like only some stuff is visible to you and other stuff is visible to his friends and hes doing/saying stuff that he doesnt want you to hear.
This.
Spacecam
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:lolwut:

This is so immature - he'd be better off without you.

Plus, he may be being incredibly sensible....facebook ruins relationships, I found out one of my then-girlfriend (of 3 years) had one of her friends sending her naked pictures of himself by message (long story). So yeah - that didn't continue for much longer.
PlanetTea
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Anon in case he's on here and I'll try not to give too much information out.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 months and we see each other pretty much 5 nights out of 7. At the beginning we agreed not to add each other on facebook cos we decided facebook did more harm than good and he said if I added him he wouldn't accept me.

I can view his profile cos it's not private and when I was drunk with my housemates last week I went on it and added him. Yesterday he went on it and asked if I added him. And I said "Yeah. Are you going to accept me?" to which he replied "No. I don't accept anybody on facebook" (even though he has 300 friends, but he has no facebook wall and he only goes on it once a week) So I was like "oh. ok" and I didn't press it anymore.

My friends however are furious. They've said he's taking the piss, he should accept me, what's he got to hide etc? But I trust him so don't really see that much of an issue but the more I speak to my friends the more I am actually finding it a bit weird.

Do you think it is? Should I ask him to add me?
I think you should tell your friends to quit it and stop listening to them. If you have an issues yourself with the situation then talk to him about it, not them.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Thanks for all the responses

I don't have time to quote everyone but:

1: Maybe he has set his wall to just friends only? I didn't think about that.

2: His facebook status still says single.

3: I know we agreed not to add each other but I was drunk and not thinking clearly =/

I do know though, facebook isn't as big a deal to him as it is to me. Like I could easily spend an hour on it speaking to people etc whereas he only spends 5 minutes a time on it.
wellisntitfor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
tell your friends to shut the **** up. This kind of thing is why I won't see girls who have friends.
Which pretty much excludes every girl I might meet, but so be it.
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
don't listen to your friends. :tongue:
Playboy King
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's just facebook for crying out loud :facepalm: His profile isn't private, so you can see everything that he's doing...meaning he isn't intending to hide things from you e.g. messages from other girls etc.

It could also be that he doesn't want to bring in the typical teen drama nonsense that's often resulted from facebook :sigh: he'll accept you, next thing you know you'll be stalking him and vica versa and reading something you don't like....drama :sadnod: Who cares really? so he's not accepted you on facebook...it's no big deal.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Playboy King)
It's just facebook for crying out loud :facepalm: His profile isn't private, so you can see everything that he's doing...meaning he isn't intending to hide things from you e.g. messages from other girls etc.

It could also be that he doesn't want to bring in the typical teen drama nonsense that's often resulted from facebook :sigh: he'll accept you, next thing you know you'll be stalking him and vica versa and reading something you don't like....drama :sadnod: Who cares really? so he's not accepted you on facebook...it's no big deal.
I know, you're completely right. That is the reason he won't accept and it is true, the nosey woman I am, I would end up stalking him and reading into every little thing.
Natasha_c
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by atheistwithfaith)
******* facebook. Sounds like your boyfriend is one of these people who is sensible enough not to run his whole life from behind a facebook profile and yet your friends berate him for this...

Your friends sound like stupid facebook addicts who actually place facebook higher than real life social contact (which he seems to have a lot of with you). Whats the big deal.

punch your friends in the face
But then why would he go on, and reject her request? If it means nothing why would it matter at all to him =/.

I think its wierd, I cant think of a reason not to have you on there? Why does it do more harm then good? Im confused lol.
But personally, although he may have a good reason, by making a point of it it seems like he has something to hide.
baboo.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He's hiding something. It's so easy just to accept someone, seeing as he has 300 friends already. He might be interested in someone else who's been writing on his wall and doesn't want you to see it.
Natasha_c
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks for all the responses

I don't have time to quote everyone but:

1: Maybe he has set his wall to just friends only? I didn't think about that.

2: His facebook status still says single.

3: I know we agreed not to add each other but I was drunk and not thinking clearly =/

I do know though, facebook isn't as big a deal to him as it is to me. Like I could easily spend an hour on it speaking to people etc whereas he only spends 5 minutes a time on it.

wierd
Fen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Dude.
It's just a website.
Laertes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Anon in case he's on here and I'll try not to give too much information out.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 months and we see each other pretty much 5 nights out of 7. At the beginning we agreed not to add each other on facebook cos we decided facebook did more harm than good and he said if I added him he wouldn't accept me.

I can view his profile cos it's not private and when I was drunk with my housemates last week I went on it and added him. Yesterday he went on it and asked if I added him. And I said "Yeah. Are you going to accept me?" to which he replied "No. I don't accept anybody on facebook" (even though he has 300 friends, but he has no facebook wall and he only goes on it once a week) So I was like "oh. ok" and I didn't press it anymore.

My friends however are furious. They've said he's taking the piss, he should accept me, what's he got to hide etc? But I trust him so don't really see that much of an issue but the more I speak to my friends the more I am actually finding it a bit weird.

Do you think it is? Should I ask him to add me?
The possible reasons are as such:
1. Yo ugly.
2. Yo fat.
3. Yo fat and yo ugly.

Pictures will prove my theory.
sib
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
IT IS ONLY FACEBOOK. Nothing more to say.
synthpopx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm not one to take facebook too seriously but his explanation does sound like he's grabbing at straws, especially when you say he has 300+ friends. Maybe tell him your suspicions? It won't be as easy for him to avoid telling you the truth then.
Anonymous #1
Ok the fact many people think he's made his wall available to friends only worries me slightly. I'd never even thought of that until I made this thread.

omg
vertigo.0012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)
So facebook has ruined your relationship? Lol IRONY.
^^Made me LOL^^

Unfortunately, it's not official 'till it's on Facebook. Never mind eh?
adamrules247
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Social rejection of the year.
lm_wfc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by abrp)
because facebook is pretty much the only thing more official than a legal document!
In australia, you can legally be summoned to court through facebook :yep:
ma2k5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes, obviously he has some wild affair filled life on.. facebook.

People need to get real - he agreed before he won't add her - he uses it rarely - people need to let the man get on with his life. His account is also public. Who cares how many friends he got on it, maybe it is from before and as a result decided he didn't like it.

P.S. OP you sure do have a wild life, drunk with house mates, doing crazy stuff like browsing facebook and adding people on it :rofl:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed