Everyone my age looks so mature Watch

Stupiderlikeafox
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ellingham)
same situation mate, but it aint really bothered me, i hate clubbing and dont drink but have lots of friends and have allways fitted in well, although i am incredibly funny so that has helped, and i am very confident due to the fact i am a huge **** so you know :yep:
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What uni is the handbook for?
Joseph90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nothing to worry about. I'm 19. I look about 14. Look at my profile pic.
DSC
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
this is just like me, i'm 18 starting uni and i still get asked for id to watch a 15
wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Are you kidding me?

Honestly mate, think about it. When you're in your mid 20's, you'll look like you're 18. You (should) have a job, decent income, a car... are you honestly saying that's a curse?

People like us are sorted.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wanderlust.xx)
Are you kidding me?

Honestly mate, think about it. When you're in your mid 20's, you'll look like you're 18. You (should) have a job, decent income, a car... are you honestly saying that's a curse?

People like us are sorted.
Until people ask you your age
Imson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Upon looking through the introductory handbook for my university, I noticed one thing - the students that are advertised look so mature for their age. They are 18/19/20/21 (that sort of age), all looking their age or several years older at least. I look really young. Like I'm starting sixth form or year 11. My facial features make me look like some cute baby-type person. Coupled with the fact I'm unconfident around people I don't know well generally and I seldom smile, how will I ever be taken seriously? I don't drink either, or go clubbing, not that that matters because people are unlikely to invite me when I look about 15/16.

The students they advertise in university handbooks (including mine) all look so mature. How will I ever fit in with these sorts of people? They won't be exactly the same people but naturally they will look similar in maturity levels. How do I cope when I get to university?
hey im 18 also have a baby face i feel exactly the same thing too
sib
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey If it makes you feel any better:

I am going into my third year at uni now, and I look about 15

I get I.D'd EVERYWHERE!! Seriously! It is funny! It was a bit touch and go for a while when I lost my I.D. but I found it and now can go out
I like the fact that I look young for my age, and I hope that it will carry on throughout my life
wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by danni_bella)
Then it'll be, "wow you look young for your age!"
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wanderlust.xx)
Then it'll be, "wow you look young for your age!"
And behind your back 'wow he's so old! But yeah he does look young for his age!'
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
lol dont worry op - i am 24 and still look like i could be in school - check out my profile pic if you dont believe me :cry:
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sib)
Hey If it makes you feel any better:

I am going into my third year at uni now, and I look about 15

I get I.D'd EVERYWHERE!! Seriously! It is funny! It was a bit touch and go for a while when I lost my I.D. but I found it and now can go out
I like the fact that I look young for my age, and I hope that it will carry on throughout my life
wow - we live close
sib
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
wow - we live close
Where do you live?
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by danni_bella)
thats not your pic is it?
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sib)
Where do you live?
herne bay
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
thats not your pic is it?
Yep, it's pretty lame though and taken a month ago - will have to update hey x
flowermaster91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have the same problem, people think I'm under 16 when i'm trying to buy a lottery ticket :facepalm:
areusureaboutthat
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ellingham)
same situation mate, but it aint really bothered me, i hate clubbing and dont drink but have lots of friends and have allways fitted in well, although i am incredibly funny so that has helped, and i am very confident due to the fact i have a huge **** so you know :yep:
i love your negged sig
ellingham
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by areusureaboutthat)
i love your negged sig
why thank you :yep:
buck-your-waas
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Upon looking through the introductory handbook for my university, I noticed one thing - the students that are advertised look so mature for their age. They are 18/19/20/21 (that sort of age), all looking their age or several years older at least. I look really young. Like I'm starting sixth form or year 11. My facial features make me look like some cute baby-type person. Coupled with the fact I'm unconfident around people I don't know well generally and I seldom smile, how will I ever be taken seriously? I don't drink either, or go clubbing, not that that matters because people are unlikely to invite me when I look about 15/16.

The students they advertise in university handbooks (including mine) all look so mature. How will I ever fit in with these sorts of people? They won't be exactly the same people but naturally they will look similar in maturity levels. How do I cope when I get to university?
I know EXACTLY how you feel! I've just turned 18, I don't drink or go clubbing a lot, and have facial features and a height which make me look about 13, and a voice which makes me sound about 5 :p:

I think your frst step should be to stop comparing yourself to others, in booklets and in real life. Most people in the uni leaflets have probably either been airbrushed or are models, and people around you are too busy with their own image problems to be noticing that you look 'immature'. I have also noticed in my uni handbook, that the same students often feature in many of the photos, so only a small proportion of the student population is being represented. The rest are likely to be just normal people like you, who are thinking the same thing

If you are a nice. pleasent person to have around, then people will notice this first ahead of your image. And don't worry too much about freshers week, as everyone will be really nice since everyone is trying to make friends

And besides, when you're older, you'll love your youthful features lol :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads