Germans as lovers? Watch

quintsy
Badges: 3
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Raptor77)
Then you know nothing :p:

One of my friends asked tourist information in Germany for directions to a cathedral.

"Oh, yes, many people miss it, it is one of the smallest buildings in the city."
:ditto: I'm half German, and if you don't believe that Germans can do sarcasm you seriously need to meet my mother. Or a considerable number of females there in fact :p:
emmielociraptor
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thinking about it, the only time I've met Germans I didn't like was on holiday. I spent a month and a half in Berlin this summer and pretty much everyone I encountered was lovely!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by emmielociraptor)
My boyfriend is German. Been together 20 months now, still going strong. I don't think you can really pigeonhole an entire culture. As in Britain, everyone is different.

I'm very happy and very much in love. Long distance is a bit of a pain, but it's only for the next year. What can I say, I love ze Germans :love:
me too<3
'zee germans' ahahaha
Anonymous #1
:rolleyes:
(Original post by hannah_dru)
From my experience Germans can have a different attitude to English people and come across differently. But this may vary over the internet as the person may feel more open or even more closed off, just like it can happen in any country. Also there's the possibility that you don't know who you're talking to and they may not be who they say they are. So it's very hard to say purely because this happened over the internet and because none of you really knew each other. To be honest your generalisation can apply to anyone, particularly if over the internet but Germans may come across as arrogant if they are reserved, much like English people.

Personally how it developed with this other girl all sounds childish to me. How old are you/she? How can she be falling for someone she's never met? Better to find someone in your own country.
I dunno why but it seems like every nationality/character discussion that comes across this forum has to be compared with the british one haha.reserved as htey had bf's/gf's?well I guess that happens to all the reserved people:yep:
we are both 19.she hasn't really fallen for him.he just liked him very much as you can't really fall in love with someone who you haven't met but I am just curious to know what the **** happened with him and me.If he is just a weird person then I will just get over it and shut up.
I talked to 2 other nice guys but they seem too busy.I think the germans have something against the internet :confused:
well I can't find someone here as I am moving to the uk soon so It will be good to know with who I am gonna fit with:rolleyes:
wholenewworld
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pikaboo)
They don't do sarcasm, nor understand it. They are more literal and earnest than we are.

That's all I know

That's rubbish. How can you generalise like that?
For my own part OP I have known Germans who are just as much fun as the British, in fact the two nations are quite close in terms of attitudes/ perspectives, etc. All the Germans (our age) I've met (and there's been quite a few) are everything but literal or earnest..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by wholenewworld)
For my own part OP I have known Germans who are just as much fun as the British, in fact the two nations are quite close in terms of attitudes/ perspectives, etc. All the Germans (our age) I've met (and there's been quite a few) are everything but literal or earnest..
I think there are 2 kinds of germans.
the one is the quiet, earnest and quite friendly tourist then the other one is the crazy-in a good way, entertaining,funny/sarcactic ones.
both are hot you can't deny haha
Spike4848
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
anon or delete as the person may use tsr lol.

how are they?the majority obviously not everyone is the same..
some of them seem very cool and friendly but some seem just arrogant/weird.please dont get offended,i am talking about a guy i 'met'.
we started talking on fb with a german dude then this went on msn,we talked a few times.then suddenly he stopped texting me first or went short texted when i did so.
a girl i know adn me aswell have been talking with this guy(i added him first on msn and then she did aswell) and i randomly said to her when i had stopped chatting with him 'oh he went online yesterday' and she said 'yeah we talked a bit,i liked him so much recently ,think i am falling for him'
when he asked her for sending him a photo in the very beginning, she went all mad and thought of blocking him wtf lol.and now they chat when i am the one who actually liked him from the very beginning.wtf did he like about her.i think she just plays the difficult one but in real life she would so want to get a bf.also she doesn't look like in her photos apparently hah.
any stories with german boys/girls u chatted with or had a relationship with or whatever?

Just wanted to say, love the thread title.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:rolleyes:
I dunno why but it seems like every nationality/character discussion that comes across this forum has to be compared with the british one haha.reserved as htey had bf's/gf's?well I guess that happens to all the reserved people:yep:
we are both 19.she hasn't really fallen for him.he just liked him very much as you can't really fall in love with someone who you haven't met but I am just curious to know what the **** happened with him and me.If he is just a weird person then I will just get over it and shut up.
I talked to 2 other nice guys but they seem too busy.I think the germans have something against the internet :confused:
well I can't find someone here as I am moving to the uk soon so It will be good to know with who I am gonna fit with:rolleyes:
The only reason I compared it with the British culture/personality is because I'm English myself and that's what I know. Not reserved as in having partners, no. Reserved as in general, as in the people I work with will take a long time before they're proper friends with you and they won't hand out phone numbers instantly. But my colleagues have gone out of their way to help me and others and don't seem so self centered as some other cultures.

I wouldn't say Germans have anything against the Internet at all. If you don't know them irl then they could be busy. I'm at my busiest living there because the work ethic is so different.

You may just click with anyone. It's hard to say really cos as someone said earlier in this thread, it may depend on the individual as well as the culture which they come from.
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wholenewworld)
Pfft, I was only going off what my German friends told me. Guess they'd know.
Anon the 7th
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
depends on the person
Anonymous #1
The only reason I compared it with the British culture/personality is because I'm English myself and that's what I know. Not reserved as in having partners, no. Reserved as in general, as in the people I work with will take a long time before they're proper friends with you and they won't hand out phone numbers instantly. But my colleagues have gone out of their way to help me and others and don't seem so self centered as some other cultures.

I wouldn't say Germans have anything against the Internet at all. If you don't know them irl then they could be busy. I'm at my busiest living there because the work ethic is so different.

You may just click with anyone. It's hard to say really cos as someone said earlier in this thread, it may depend on the individual as well as the culture which they come from.
ohh I see.I haven't met anyone in person so I can't really tell.though yeah they seem way friendlier than other cultures probably the majority of them is the friendliest of all europe with some other following.
not against it, just they don't use it that much,maybe they have better things to do or yeah the way of living is different as u said.and the uni life is not like the uk one.
well I'll see ;p
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Spike4848)
Just wanted to say, love the thread title.
yeah funny haha.
mistake it should ahve been friends instead.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ohh I see.I haven't met anyone in person so I can't really tell.though yeah they seem way friendlier than other cultures probably the majority of them is the friendliest of all europe with some other following.
not against it, just they don't use it that much,maybe they have better things to do or yeah the way of living is different as u said.and the uni life is not like the uk one.
well I'll see ;p
That's why I think it's difficult online if you haven't met them in person, and of course it varies from generation to generation. I would say they are one of the friendliest groups of people in Europe though. Uni life out there is quite different.

Hope it works out. If you're coming to the UK you're bound to meet a mixture of cultures anyway.
Anonymous #1
That's why I think it's difficult online if you haven't met them in person, and of course it varies from generation to generation. I would say they are one of the friendliest groups of people in Europe though. Uni life out there is quite different.

Hope it works out. If you're coming to the UK you're bound to meet a mixture of cultures anyway.
what you said it's completely true ;p
yeah I will meet many cultures and probably with this way I will be able to know better who I fit with better
rajandkwameali
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Dating Germans? they're a seperate species, this is a huge no-no!!! :eek3:
BlocFFC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Apparently they are fairly good lovers, plus if you go on holiday as a couple with one, you'll at least have a lounger by the pool secured!
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
what you said it's completely true ;p
yeah I will meet many cultures and probably with this way I will be able to know better who I fit with better
I think you will. I mean in Germany where I work, I work with Germans, a Dutch guy, some French people, an English lady and a Scottish guy. It's mad!
PlanetTea
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
anon or delete as the person may use tsr lol.

how are they?the majority obviously not everyone is the same..
some of them seem very cool and friendly but some seem just arrogant/weird.please dont get offended,i am talking about a guy i 'met'.
we started talking on fb with a german dude then this went on msn,we talked a few times.then suddenly he stopped texting me first or went short texted when i did so.
a girl i know adn me aswell have been talking with this guy(i added him first on msn and then she did aswell) and i randomly said to her when i had stopped chatting with him 'oh he went online yesterday' and she said 'yeah we talked a bit,i liked him so much recently ,think i am falling for him'
when he asked her for sending him a photo in the very beginning, she went all mad and thought of blocking him wtf lol.and now they chat when i am the one who actually liked him from the very beginning.wtf did he like about her.i think she just plays the difficult one but in real life she would so want to get a bf.also she doesn't look like in her photos apparently hah.
any stories with german boys/girls u chatted with or had a relationship with or whatever?
Who cares? Why do people ask stupid questions like this? EVERY INDIVIDUAL IS DIFFERENT, WE CANNOT JUDGE AN ENTIRE COUNTRY OF MEN BASED ON ONE PERSON.
Lefty Leo
Badges: 10
Report 9 years ago
Like the pistons in a Volkswagen engine; efficient, reliable, precise.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lefty Leo)
Like the pistons in a Volkswagen engine; efficient, reliable, precise.
Less efficient now actually!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (162)
38.94%
No - but I will (22)
5.29%
No - I don't want to (30)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (202)
48.56%

Watched Threads