The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That does look fairly spectacular - where were you when you took it?
How are you guys seeing these weird rainbows? I've barely saw one normal rainbow...
This stuff actually seems really supernatural, I'm freaked out.
nexttime
As in, naturally occurring, from the ground. I was amazed to find they actually exist - very apocalyptic when you don't know its possible!

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Circular_Rainbow_209.jpg

Apparently the tropical ones are quite rare.

Anyone else ever seen one?

I've seen two semi-circular ones, extending from one point on the ground to another, but no fully circular ones :o:
Reply 24
I've seen the end of a rainbow, I swear :excited:
Me and my friends were like omgomgomg :laugh:
Reply 25
Illusionary
That does look fairly spectacular - where were you when you took it?

Northern thailand. Didn't have a drop of rain for many hours either side of the photo being taken - although according to the source quoted its caused by ice crystals in the atmosphere, and not rain :cookie:
Gaara.
I've seen the end of a rainbow, I swear :excited:
Me and my friends were like omgomgomg :laugh:

Did you get a pot of gold ? :ahee:
nexttime
Northern thailand. Didn't have a drop of rain for many hours either side of the photo being taken - although according to the source quoted its caused by ice crystals in the atmosphere, and not rain :cookie:

Well, both raindrops and ice crystals can work as a prism :biggrin:
The picture is spectacular :awesome:
Reply 28
AutVinceriAutMori
Did you get a pot of gold ? :ahee:

no :dry:
what a rip but once in a lifetime :yy:
Reply 29
I'm not the only person humming the Halo them right?

My mum says shes seen one in a plane though I never have... I really want to now!
Gaara.
no :dry:
what a rip but once in a lifetime :yy:

:console: It would have dissapeared in the morning anyway :p:
But yes, rainbows are always a beautiful sign, as is the odd ray of sunshine during the rain.
Yep, at Hokkaido, Japan!
I wouldn't have realised if all those people weren't pointing at the sky going LOOK!! because the sun was high up over my head! Pretty amazing stuff :yep:
Reply 32
sarubobo28
Yep, at Hokkaido, Japan!
I wouldn't have realised if all those people weren't pointing at the sky going LOOK!! because the sun was high up over my head! Pretty amazing stuff :yep:

We have a winner. Your one sounds slightly more fun though - if Hollywood has taught me anything its that apocalyptic monsters/natural disasters always start in Japan.
Yep - I saw one in Ireland from Inch beach on the Dingle peninsula. Truly beautiful. Apparently they get quite a lot of these in spring and summer - the heavy rain combined with the light is ideal.

If I could live in one place in the world, it would be south-west Ireland :smile: The forests, the incredible coastline, the wilderness . . . nowhere I'd rather live.
Some of the circular rainbows look like big eyes in the sky :h:
i see it alot at our local gay bar. thanx
Reply 36
Oh wow, they're stunning! I hope I get to see one one day.

I'm like a kid, I still like to spot rainbows when it rains :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending