Freshers Events Watch

abbey_rock4life
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Cupid Stunt)
There's a ghost walk? Sounds interesting! I'd weeeelll go to that!
it's on the 5th and there's a notts castle cave/dungeon walk on the
6th:yep:
SashaZoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've still not got my freshers pack through the post
joshchilds
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nor have I but I emailed my administrator today for my course and asked them to send me another 1 just in case and there sending me one
SensiDub
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well I managed to lose mine within about an hour of it arriving. Timetable on the site is miles and miles better mind
SashaZoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
good plan, might call up tomorrow. I havent recieved anything to do with my course either, but I'm not sure everyone does...?
.X.alysha.X.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Cupid Stunt)
There's a ghost walk? Sounds interesting! I'd weeeelll go to that!
Yeah I'm going, although it is on the same night as Trent army, but I could always go to that after
xzoe18x
Report 9 years ago
I havent recieved a freshers pack or anything for my course either so I dont know if we do get anything :|
Chrissy431
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by frenchcat53)
I just got my pack from Trent with the freshers events and lots of extra stuff for discounts and that.
What events are people thinking of going to?
I'm definitely going to the freshers ball.
how come i aint received my pack yet then, so close to moving in date.. :/ was i suppose to have to have it weeks ago ? :O
Scorpio2211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Chrissy431)
how come i aint received my pack yet then, so close to moving in date.. :/ was i suppose to have to have it weeks ago ? :O
You might want to look at the date of the quoted post. And Freshers packs are being posted on the 13th or so I read.
Daveyboy3
Report 8 years ago
The freshers ball isnt like a prom. Not at all.

You just wear trousers/shirt for lads, smarter dress for a girl (Only the sort of dress you may wear on a saturday night anyway) and get wrecked with some recognised artist at the SU.

Great night, and a messy one!
Chrissy431
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Scorpio2211)
You might want to look at the date of the quoted post. And Freshers packs are being posted on the 13th or so I read.
13th of september ? :P i hope..
i know when it was posted, i was just boreddd.. ha
kellymichelle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i havent gotten a pack yet? :s

im really scared about the freshers ball i dont have anything to wear atall
rissa14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i have nothing to wear for any of the nights let alone freshers ball lmao

Does anyone know if we get the reading/equipment lists at the same time as the freshers pack, because i really need to get it alll... whatever all is.... oh well lol
kellymichelle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rissa14)
i have nothing to wear for any of the nights let alone freshers ball lmao

Does anyone know if we get the reading/equipment lists at the same time as the freshers pack, because i really need to get it alll... whatever all is.... oh well lol

i got a reading list today with a pack. but its not the welcome week pack its just a pack for joint honours students and theres like 50 books on there easy...
do i have to buy them all!?!

and dw i have nothing to wear for any of the nights either
rissa14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kellymichelle)
i got a reading list today with a pack. but its not the welcome week pack its just a pack for joint honours students and theres like 50 books on there easy...
do i have to buy them all!?!

and dw i have nothing to wear for any of the nights either
OMG 50 BOOKS? wow... okay... i hope i don't have that many...

Perhaps my stuff will come in the next few days, i hope. I do forget it's only just september! lol
Um buy them all? Maybe. But isn't that what libraries are for?

This calls for shopping as soon as my loan and grant comes through methinks... lol x
Scorpio2211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Right, Welcome week packs are being sent from 13th September onwards. Don't be worried if you've not got yours yet, as this thread is from LAST years, and most of the posts are late september anyway.

Reading list will be on NOW under each module.
rissa14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thanks Scorpio

Um one Q, how do we find the modules we're doing on there? Or do we get all of this stuff once we've enrolled/started etc

Ta xx
Scorpio2211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rissa14)
Thanks Scorpio

Um one Q, how do we find the modules we're doing on there? Or do we get all of this stuff once we've enrolled/started etc

Ta xx
Go to www.now.ntu.ac.uk
Press the "Click to login" icon
Enter your N-number and password, and it should bring you to a page with a headline of "My Learning Rooms" if there is anything listed under there they will be your modules.

Good luck.
chris20
Report 8 years ago
from a 2nd yrs point of view, i reckon u shd go: trent army, baywatch beach party (absolute must), game on, u v rave & freshers ball. Most of these are at the su, get there early(ish) aswell or it will be full nd they will send you down to sum sh1thole like walkabout or something instead...

saturday antics is laugh aswell, i remember the vast majority of us wer sick after playin footy, came 2nd tho lol and my mate managed to lock himself in the coach toilet on the way ther and couldn't get out haha hilarious times

make sure you pace yourself though, and get some SLEEP.. thats the mistake i made. getting atleast 5 or so hours between each day is a must or things go downhill trust me ive been ther!! and make sure you eat plenty of pasta or something like that before you go out kids!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day - City Campus Only Postgraduate
    Tue, 11 Jun '19
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 30 Jan '20

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads