Royal Mail strikers...... ARGH!! Watch

fallen angel9
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got my post like an hour ago. :nothing:

I'm waiting for stuff from banks etc, so this is really annoying.
Medicine Man
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i know - very annoying!
:argh:
Lover's Knot
Badges: 1
Report 9 years ago
This is normal expected behaviour during a recession and the next public sector to be affected should be the health sector.

You really shouldnt be complaining if you dont have experience of working with the royal mail.
ma2k5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Isn't recession the last of all places you strike if you don't get a pay rise? I'm pretty sure millions will gladly take their place.
flowermaster91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well there over 2 million people unemployed,why can't they take their place! i really want my package
Bundabird
Report 9 years ago
Very annoying. I dislike this almost as much as I dislike the shennigans by the RMT and Bob Crowe.
CandyFlipper
Badges: 13
Report 9 years ago
Privatise mail, if people feel like striking then they'll just lose out to the competition.
Kaykiie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lover's Knot)
This is normal expected behaviour during a recession and the next public sector to be affected should be the health sector.

You really shouldnt be complaining if you dont have experience of working with the royal mail.
What a silly comment to make.
Of course we can complain even if we havent worked within Royal Mail.

"Waiter there is a finger in my soup, I would like to complain about the chef"

"No i'm sorry you have never worked within catering so you are not eligible to make a complaint"

The other day my bus driver didnt let me off at the stop I pressed the button and walked to the front for, can I not complain ?
Kaykiie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ma2k5)
Isn't recession the last of all places you strike if you don't get a pay rise? I'm pretty sure millions will gladly take their place.
This
loopykitten!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got post this morning and every other day this week... didnt even realise there was a strike, it better not have effected bradford, i sent ma mum n dad a wedding anniversary card very last min yesterday (its their anniversary today) so it better get there.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by botchok5)
Anyone else here waiting for their post to arrive? I really don't get it, I swear their Union always gets the workers to strike all the time. I sold several items on eBay about a week ago and now i'm being bombarded with e-mails asking whether I have dispatched their item or not and they are threatening to leave me a negative feedback.

It took me years to build up a good positive feedback record on eBay..........ARGHHHH, a couple of negatives will affect the look of my account big time!

There are a lot of people who are desperate for work at this time, I just don't get it! gaaaaaaaaaah!
I had the same problem - she even opened a paypal dispute 'for her safety' as if it was my fault.

The item arrived on her Scottish doorstep 3 working days after I'd posted it.

I know exactly how you feel.
nikdc5
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
**** sake guys, workers have the right to strike. And they are striking in protest of the governments plan to sell off the service and cut jobs, not to ask for a pay raise. Everyone is waiting for mail. It's not that bad, it'll come eventually. If you really need to blame someone, blame the government for their pointless messing around with public services, and for thinking the can treat unskilled workers like dirt. Unless you've got a new kidney coming in the post the chances are you'll survive.
brokenangel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nikdc5)
**** sake guys, workers have the right to strike. And they are striking in protest of the governments plan to sell off the service and cut jobs, not to ask for a pay raise. Everyone is waiting for mail. It's not that bad, it'll come eventually. If you really need to blame someone, blame the government for their pointless messing around with public services, and for thinking the can treat unskilled workers like dirt. Unless you've got a new kidney coming in the post the chances are you'll survive.
Not all workers have a right to strike - how would you like it if doctors went on strike everytime the government does something that they like or that they think even harms patient care!

What is wrong with privatising the postal service - if they have to compete with other businesses. Chances are price will drop and the service will improve - better for ALL of us!

Job cuts are bound to happen we are in a recession for peats sake look at the millions of people who have lost their jobs already i bet they would take the postal workers job without complaining as much as the current lot are!
Blablaablaaa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
my post has been fine.
Lover's Knot
Badges: 1
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kaykiie)
What a silly comment to make.
Of course we can complain even if we havent worked within Royal Mail.

"Waiter there is a finger in my soup, I would like to complain about the chef"

"No i'm sorry you have never worked within catering so you are not eligible to make a complaint"

The other day my bus driver didnt let me off at the stop I pressed the button and walked to the front for, can I not complain ?
But you wouldnt visit the same restaurant twice if you had that experience then why do you use the royal mail service if you know it has a reputation for strikes etc. It's not exactly a new phenomena, royal mail has had ongoing strikes for 6 years now so why do you continue to use it?? and then you complain about it ...

Well ok fair enough for being annoyed with recieving posts late but atleast you do get them in the end. Im just on the companies side on this because I feel they are underapaid big time.
jerzydee
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i am expecting a cheque worth £2500 to finance my gap year and with this strike it may have been sent off but held somewhere in a elivey store. This is gona cause a delay in the time i leave as i am supposed to leave next week
nikdc5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by brokenangel)
Not all workers have a right to strike - how would you like it if doctors went on strike everytime the government does something that they like or that they think even harms patient care!

What is wrong with privatising the postal service - if they have to compete with other businesses. Chances are price will drop and the service will improve - better for ALL of us!

Job cuts are bound to happen we are in a recession for peats sake look at the millions of people who have lost their jobs already i bet they would take the postal workers job without complaining as much as the current lot are!
Not all workers having the right to strike is not an argument against them the concept of striking. It isn't really even relevant. (And I think Why not withhold your labour when your employer is not protecting you? You are only benefitting those who harm who.

And incidentally, the royal mail turned a profit in every section of its business this year, so why is now the time to cut jobs and sell off? It is a politically motivated decision- not a practical one.

I don't know why you think privatization and deregulation will decrease prices. It hasn't been the rule with previous privatizations (think British Rail and the energy companies). There are already private competitors to Royal Mail, which makes it very hard for RM to compete as they are forced by law to cooperate with their competitors by moving mail for them, and are losing big contracts to them- including from government departments. The whole thing is absurd essentially.
brokenangel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nikdc5)
Not all workers having the right to strike is not an argument against them the concept of striking. It isn't really even relevant. (And I think Why not withhold your labour when your employer is not protecting you? You are only benefitting those who harm who.

And incidentally, the royal mail turned a profit in every section of its business this year, so why is now the time to cut jobs and sell off? It is a politically motivated decision- not a practical one.

I don't know why you think privatization and deregulation will decrease prices. It hasn't been the rule with previous privatizations (think British Rail and the energy companies). There are already private competitors to Royal Mail, which makes it very hard for RM to compete as they are forced by law to cooperate with their competitors by moving mail for them, and are losing big contracts to them- including from government departments. The whole thing is absurd essentially.
How are you only benefiting those that harm you - Are you not being paid by these people. My attitude if you dont like it get another job which is exactly what i say to the staff we employee and they all know i mean it!

Hmm let me see because it is a buisness if i can invest 1k in a machine that will last me a year and replace one person that costs me 13k a year im going to buy the mechine and maximise my profits its common buisness sence!

If royal mail cant compete then they shouldnt exist - if i can pay 10-20p extra and have my mail delivered on time and before 1pm in the aternoon im willing to pay for it! Parcel force is often alot cheaper than royal mail already btw
nikdc5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by brokenangel)
How are you only benefiting those that harm you - Are you not being paid by these people. My attitude if you dont like it get another job which is exactly what i say to the staff we employee and they all know i mean it!

Hmm let me see because it is a buisness if i can invest 1k in a machine that will last me a year and replace one person that costs me 13k a year im going to buy the mechine and maximise my profits its common buisness sence!

If royal mail cant compete then they shouldnt exist - if i can pay 10-20p extra and have my mail delivered on time and before 1pm in the aternoon im willing to pay for it! Parcel force is often alot cheaper than royal mail already btw
You sound compassionate and understanding, with a good grasp of what is important in life.

Parcel force is part of royal mail btw
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads