Report 9 years ago
u go for it girl!!
mr-breaker
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
A charming guy, intelligent, hilarious to be with and an actual gentlemen. Born over here, but parents are from Kenya/Somalia and so, although he isn't at all religious to be frank, because of some Islam in his life he doesn't really drink/eat pork (caught him occassionally hahah), but goes clubbing, out and is still god-damn hilarious lol

Erm .... what else... well he's 6ft, nicely toned body, good-average in the looks department
If after writing that you STILL wanna let other people make what seems like a simple decision for you, you're not ready for someone as good as you've described.

DISCLAIMER: Except for the Pork bit, and the East African bit, ...............reminds me of me.

I really like him actually, there's something really captivating about him ..... but as a girl from quite a hardline Irish, Catholic family should I go for him ??
Come on, you're not really inventing the wheel here with a Muslim-Catholic relationship. Been there, done that, got the majica............
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by mr-breaker)
If after writing that you STILL wanna let other people make what seems like a simple decision for you, you're not ready for someone as good as you've described.

DISCLAIMER: Except for the Pork bit, and the East African bit, ...............reminds me of me.

Come on, you're not really inventing the wheel here with a Muslim-Catholic relationship. Been there, done that, got the majica............
Haha, cheers guys

I've met his family, they had me over for dinner the other night and they all seem really really friendly and funny ... we were all in the kitchen getting dirty and laughing till our stomachs actually hurt haha :p:

Hmmm .... I'd say his family were really quite liberal - it's just that mine are quite strict and ... I hate to admit it... racist. I mean, having a black boyfriend, let alone one from a semi-religious family would really outrage my parents to the point where they'd just ignore and shun me :sad:

Urghhh... this is so frustrating!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by DayneD89)
Why not? Would your family object? Does religion really mean that much?
I guess my family would object. To be completely honest (and this ashames me), they're quite racist .... so having a black boyfriend, let alone one with Muslim roots would be....

Though I can't bear to just be friends with him for ever ..... whenever we're together, I can see it in his eyes and feel it in my heart, this genuinely warm, fuzzy feeling where I just want to snuggle up with him :o:

Argh, my parents are driving me crazy!!
xTazx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A charming guy, intelligent, hilarious to be with and an actual gentlemen. Born over here, but parents are from Kenya/Somalia and so, although he isn't at all religious to be frank, because of some Islam in his life he doesn't really drink/eat pork (caught him occassionally hahah), but goes clubbing, out and is still god-damn hilarious lol

Erm .... what else... well he's 6ft, nicely toned body, good-average in the looks department

I really like him actually, there's something really captivating about him ..... but as a girl from quite a hardline Irish, Catholic family should I go for him ??
Need I point out more?
grape:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do what the heart says
SerpentineLara
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeah, I would.
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He ate pork, no way :talkhand:
ma2k5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
He ate pork, no way :talkhand:
Ditto, STAY AWAY
Mrs Matt Bellamy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah why not? Your family don't have to go out with him so it shouldn bother them! :L
DayneD89
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I guess my family would object. To be completely honest (and this ashames me), they're quite racist .... so having a black boyfriend, let alone one with Muslim roots would be....

Though I can't bear to just be friends with him for ever ..... whenever we're together, I can see it in his eyes and feel it in my heart, this genuinely warm, fuzzy feeling where I just want to snuggle up with him :o:

Argh, my parents are driving me crazy!!
If you don't do it you will regret it.
FinalFlash
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Erm .... what else... well he's 6ft, nicely toned body, good -average in the looks department

Im everything you described accept from the crossed out bits.:rolleyes:

I'd say go for it, but any grief you face from your parents he'd probably get it from his Kenyan/Somalian (talking from experience) parents to....You Could be like Romeo and Julliet, but not die :mmm:
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
God no, he's black for ***** sake

:rolleyes:
Anonymous #3
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)
God no, he's black for ***** sake

:rolleyes:
'Trigger' what's with the stupid racist comment , someone is asking for advice and this is how you reply by displaying your ignorant trash online?

OP go out with the guy if you heart tells you so and maybe if you do go out with this guy you could keep it under wraps from your family until you and that guy think the relationship is getting more serious then you could open up to your family and tell them that you love this guy for who he is and maybe they should give him a chance.
Higgy90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
tl;dr

no, i'm not gay
/thread
DSC
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i would love to be there when yur parents meet him
Pomeranian
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
nope dont do it...unless you just want a quicky fling....you will break up eventualy because you are Cathollic and he is Islam...im being realistic not judgemental
lm_wfc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
'Trigger' what's with the stupid racist comment , someone is asking for advice and this is how you reply by displaying your ignorant trash online?

OP go out with the guy if you heart tells you so and maybe if you do go out with this guy you could keep it under wraps from your family until you and that guy think the relationship is getting more serious then you could open up to your family and tell them that you love this guy for who he is and maybe they should give him a chance.
sarcasm not your strong point?

And I wouldnt. But then again I don't like men.
Cj-Tj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Firstly check his dad isnt a pirate.

Secondly check he isnt working undercover for Al Qa'ida.

Thirdly wear a condom.

Cant be too careful!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads