School bomb plot pair not guilty - Imagine if they were muslims Watch

Poll: If they were muslim (possibly pakistani) would they be freed of all charges?
No, don't be silly. I sure hell know there is a bias towards ethnic minorities. (29)
42.65%
Yes, the law does not dicriminate (26)
38.24%
"Somewhere in the middle" opinion (13)
19.12%
darknessbehold
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by burningnun)
Now that's a ******* weird-ass fantasty, especially for someone who wants to join the army.
lol
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I totally agree OP this is the hypocrisy people need to wake up to.
affinity89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This is my school and I've obviously followed the case carefully.

I was upset that they were found innocent. The things they wrote about and fantastised about - killing everyone in the school, knocking the buildings to the ground and, just for starters, blowing up a shopping centre nearby to detract attention. Even if they were just fantasties, that is not normal behaviour - it is very, very worrying behaviour.

They pleaded innocence and claimed it was just teen angst and somehow it worked. I don't think their background had anything to do with the verdict. This, "Project Rainbow", was never described as a religious or race related plot. It is more about anger against society in general and the issues going on inside these boys' heads.

I just hope they are seen by some sort of psychologist or something - to ensure that they never get this far into "fantastising" a plot ever again...
geetar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If they were muslims...they would have been found not guilty. It's naive to say that the legal cases are never biased by stuff like ethnicity, but to say that they would have been found guilty if they were muslim is far too glib an assertion.
CombineHarvester
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If they were Muslim the government would get criticised a lot more if they were released without charge. Also, Islamic terrorism cases have much bigger coverage globally so the consequences for releasing them would be more severe. Saying that, I don't see why that should mean others get off lightly.
CombineHarvester
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by affinity89)
This is my school and I've obviously followed the case carefully.

I was upset that they were found innocent. The things they wrote about and fantastised about - killing everyone in the school, knocking the buildings to the ground and, just for starters, blowing up a shopping centre nearby to detract attention. Even if they were just fantasties, that is not normal behaviour - it is very, very worrying behaviour.

They pleaded innocence and claimed it was just teen angst and somehow it worked. I don't think their background had anything to do with the verdict. This, "Project Rainbow", was never described as a religious or race related plot. It is more about anger against society in general and the issues going on inside these boys' heads.

I just hope they are seen by some sort of psychologist or something - to ensure that they never get this far into "fantastising" a plot ever again...
Have you looked up on the guy who carried out the Virginia Tech shooting? He did something VERY similar whereby he wrote a play discussing the murders of other students in detail. Apparently the more specific they are, the more planning and preparation has gone into it and the more likely they are to carry it out.

Describing "blowing up a nearby shopping centre to distract attention" is certainly worrying and indicates planning and intent. This sort of behaviour occurs as a result of many years of increasing psychological problems and won't be fixed quickly or easily.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You can fantasise and think about anything you like. It's only when you act or prepare to act that the law gets interested.
Moe Lester
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 35mm_)
Thanks. Trying to imply that the picture if an indication of my "racism"? Well, you can be the 100th person to say so.

Think I might change my picture to a image of white lads, wouldn't get the problems I get currently.
What made you choose it?
headunderwater
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Moe Lester)
What made you choose it?
Because I find it quite funny?
Moe Lester
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 35mm_)
Because I find it quite funny?
Haha, fair enough. It is a funny picture. I saw a funnier one where an Asian guy was running down the high street, table in hand.
ilovetsr1990x
Report 9 years ago
If they were Muslims they would most likely have been killing in the name of their religion. Whereas these boys were just nerdy frustrated virgins in all probability.
Batteries Not Included
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
God, I abhor this pathetic victim mentality.
Venom123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Guys, It's alright it was just a 'fantasy'!
Paxdax
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Muslims are VIIIIICTIIIIMS!
cconstant
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I doubt that those boys have any hate toward the west and I also doubt that they will try and kill innocent people when/if they get a chance. It was just a fantasy that will never become a reality as it has probably lost all its appeal.
However if it were a muslim extremist then I would say that they probably still have the ambition to die as a martyr by killing innocent people as their fight against the west will never end.
jacketpotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by darknessbehold)
I'm not muslim (nor ever will be) but it just goes to show the two faced society we live in.
It may have been a "fantasy" to blow up the school but just imagine if those two boys were muslims.
I doubt they'd be in this same situation at all.
Absolute rubbish. If you want to convict someone, you need to prove to a jury that they are guilty. You need to do this with evidence. It is not enough to say "he is Muslim lol". If the evidence isn't there, the person won't get convicted.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jacketpotato)
Absolute rubbish. If you want to convict someone, you need to prove to a jury that they are guilty. You need to do this with evidence. It is not enough to say "he is Muslim lol". If the evidence isn't there, the person won't get convicted.
Quite.

Seems quite a few people on this site have been manipulated by the "muslims are really victims" angle.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (385)
37.23%
No - but I will (80)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (72)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (497)
48.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise