Going to a pub or club on your own Watch

Chrrye
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BlocFFC)
My sisters friend does this and he swears by it!
Does your sister agree? :eek:
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
"pulling"

sounds so tame
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think its really weird when people go out alone. I can understand if you are going to meet a group of friends there, but otherwise its just a bit odd.
There is a guy who I have noticed is always at my Union alone trying to dance with all the girls and he pretends hes 'lost his friends' earlier in the night. I think its really freaky, and I don't think he gets very far because of it.
Chrrye
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by technik)
"pulling"

sounds so tame
Think the Op also said 'cramp your style' earlier..
:rolleyes:
Chrrye
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mollymustard)
I think its really weird when people go out alone. I can understand if you are going to meet a group of friends there, but otherwise its just a bit odd.
There is a guy who I have noticed is always at my Union alone trying to dance with all the girls and he pretends hes 'lost his friends' earlier in the night. I think its really freaky, and I don't think he gets very far because of it.
Yeah, agree. Friends required.
Sometimes I do actually lose my friends and I dont hang around very long People look at you funny
football mad
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Chrrye)
Think the Op also said 'cramp your style' earlier..
:rolleyes:
Got a problem with that pal? If I want to go on my own then I will, plenty of people go on there own because its better that way.
screwyouguysimgoinghome
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That's a pretty harsh assessment. Maybe he doesn't have any friends. I've heard rumours that Yorkshire is just one massive, scummy breeding ground though so maybe he thinks getting laid is a certainty.

jokes btw, I'm from leeds originally.
football mad
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by screwyouguysimgoinghome)
That's a pretty harsh assessment. Maybe he doesn't have any friends. I've heard rumours that Yorkshire is just one massive, scummy breeding ground though so maybe he thinks getting laid is a certainty.

jokes btw, I'm from leeds originally.
You should see Holyhead that's far worse!
BlocFFC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Chrrye)
Does your sister agree? :eek:
Haha, No. She thinks he is a bit wierd for this:p:
Ramryan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Double Agent)
Going alone always seems a little creepy to me. Far better to go with a mixed gender bunch of friends with the aim to be to have a fun night, rather than to pull. You can spot in seconds who's doing rounds of the room in an attempt to get some **** to go home with them. Its just not attractive.

It's weird isn't it? I work in a bar/club in central Manchester and sometimes I see these horrible creepy guys who come in and are blatently on the pull- and will practically bully girls to go home with them- try and split them up from their friends etc. Yuck.

There's also guys we get (including one dude who is a legend) who just seem to enjoy coming to the bar on their own- they never bother anyone and just sit in the corner enjoying their drink and looking jolly happy, sometimes dancing to the music.

It does seem to really depend on the individuals I guess...
repoman
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
But what happens if the guy in question hardly has any friends, or if he has friends, maybe they dont like go clubbing. He cant force them to go!

That should not prevent him from having less of a chance of pulling than a guy who goes to a club with his mates, with the SAME intention

So what would you suggest to this guy then?
tommy1245
Report 9 years ago
Certain situations it is acceptible though.

I am really into dance music, and so, when my mates are being boring, I *may* go out on my own. I'm out for the music, why does it matter if I am on my own.

I have actually made friends/ gone out with people off the back of being out on my own. I reckon if you are out of that reason, then your body language probably conveys that. The fact of the matter is, that I couldn't really care if people think I am out on my own as long as I am having a good time.

What's more is that I think this does only work in certain situations. For example, I don't think I would go out to the conventional club/ bar by myself, as I agree with you - it might be a bit weird.
fxytimi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I stayed in the union on my own, after my mat had to go home due to drink too much. I had a sick time, saw people I knew but didn't hang with before, it was good. But you can only do this at the union, going to a club in town on your own, well different story I guess.
ChaoticMaster
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ilovetsr1990x)
No - girls never go out on their own. You really think they'd take a guy seriously if he came up to a group of girls attempting to pull
Guys do though or they go with friends but end up on their own because they can't find their mates or are trying to pull. I've approached many a girls on my own and have never had any problems. They don't even know if your with friends or not. The only problem going alone is if you just want to sit down and chat to a mate you can't.
9MmBulletz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
dont go on your own. best thing is to go with 1 or 2 girls as friends. if they're hot , bonus. helps so much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (571)
37.71%
No - but I will (119)
7.86%
No - I don't want to (109)
7.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (715)
47.23%

Watched Threads