Turn on thread page Beta

Have you got Freshers' Flu yet? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Have you got Freshers' Flu yet?
    Yes, I have it, or I am starting to see symptoms.
    72.55%
    No, I haven't got it.
    27.45%

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not really.

Having lived in crowded, polluted London and had friends from all over the world already - I'd already been exposed to germs a plenty. Add to that a good home cooked diet, almost no alcohol and minimal stress with maximum happiness. You get one healthy Ribbits!

I did feel a slight tickle in my throat, very slight, that felt like the unmistakable beginnings of flu - but I'm just too happy and healthy, it went away without developing.

I sort of have it. I'm quite surprised that I lasted until yesterday without feeling too ill seeing as I'm a second year living in halls with freshers!

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I've got a sore throat and have almost lost my voice.

ReputationRep:
    I had it last year though it wasn't till November 2008 and I'd been at Uni for two months.

It happens. There's no point trying to avoid it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, though the flu has now morphed into a nasty cough.

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty sure i've got it which is unfair since I haven't even been drinking and going out every night

Feel absolutely shattered, got really bad sinuses, glands are up, have had a fever tisn't nice :nope:

I have it now! Graaarrrhh.
    Orrible koff and lethargy.

ReputationRep:
    I've had it for 3 fracking weeks now. Stupid freshers.

ReputationRep:
    I get freshers flu every year

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the worst aspect of Freshers' Flu is when you have progressed beyond the 'new student' status and catch it nevertheless.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even at uni, but I met up with my cousin who's doing freshers and she had it and decided that I was missing out I've been taking day nurse/night nurse and a cough syrup, I've had one day off sick from my job at a call centre, but that's all, cos a day off costs me £50 but I was just so ill and couldnt speak which make it tough in a call centre lol. I'm starting to feel better now though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2009
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.