Turn on thread page Beta

What is the most technologically advanced invention in existence today? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Well, that is relative. But if you were to ask which technologies are going to drive forward progress in the next decade, I'd say medical nanotechnology, genetic modification, cybernetic augmentation, and autonomous robotics.

Really?
    I'd have said new flavourings for food.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    human brain is more davanced than any technology hopes to be in next 200 years, it can calculate so many varibles and process so much data.

ReputationRep:
    What about the cube robots that stick together by magnets, and you can break them up and chuck them all over a room and it will reform. can move around obviously too. Looked pretty epic. Or lasers from planes that can destroy stuff on the ground. Thats pretty damn technologically advanced

ReputationRep:
    Technoviking

ReputationRep:
    My hair straighteners XD

ReputationRep:
    I'd say aeroplanes, especially fighter jets, spacecraft, particle accelerators and fusion reactors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusef Badi)
    CERN I would say, no?
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    cybernetic augmentation
    What? A bit like a cochlear implant? :rolleyes: Cyborgs were so cutting edge...30 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Nanotech stuff. Granted, it doesn't really exist outside of labs and isn't so hot at the moment but it's going to be a paradigm shift when it goes mainstream.

Maybe...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    yeah, but then what's the height of consumer technology - a blackberry? :P
    iPhone! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rule Britannia)
    What? A bit like a cochlear implant? :rolleyes: Cyborgs were so cutting edge...30 years ago.
    I said drive forward progress, they don't necessarily have to be new concepts altogether. Cybernetic technology still has alot of potential, and with technologies such as brain-computer interfaces, as well as artificial eyes and the more and more advanced prosthetics, and even bioelectric power, there are lots of ways of applying technology to human bodies.

ReputationRep:
    As simple as it may be but the signals we use for mobile technology (mobile phones/satnavs etc) as well as the cables used for internet use are a fantastic move in technology.

However, in terms of being advanced the Hadron Collider or one of NASA's super computers.

ReputationRep:
    Da internet like.....

(my ipod actually :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    The iPhone. :awesome:

Or large hadron collider, nuclear bomb and antimatter.

ReputationRep:
    Japan, Hong Kong (China) or South Korea.

Humans.

or

Invisibility coat some scientist was/is/has invented/inventing.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't think you can get much greater than a 20 mile device that is colliding particles at the speed of light. Pretty sick that, like.

Wait, actually. Nah. Whatever coffee these mad *******s are drinking.

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon cards.

ReputationRep:
    I can only come up with some counterarguments
    1. Robots - Its programming is very advanced, but its technology not so much
    2. Laser - Actually, they are very inefficienct so the military won't be using lasers for decades and it's not hard to make. My Physics teacher made a laser and torched his neighbour's laundry when he was 18 and that will probably be my final physics project (or a small railgun).
    3. NASA computers - actually your cell phone is probably more sophisticated than the computer they used for Apollo 11 launch. Their computers are specialized for calculations and probably don't even have a GUI.

ReputationRep:
    Concorde is easily the most advanced technical achievement to date and that's going on 40 years old and not even in service any more.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.