Turn on thread page Beta

girls chatting you up then telling you they have a bf? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ok, this is strange but in college im getting some attention from a few girls, i like to think im good looking (this is the internet, you wont believe me etc so lets say i am for sake of argument) so i can usually tell when a girl fancies me (actually im very sure), so on several occasions i blantantly get chat up by girls who then tell me/or its found that they have a boyfriend. Im confused :confused:

Before you say they dont fancy me, lets assume i know for a fact they do, they blantantly fancy me then at one strange point they slip into conversation about their bf, its retarded. Another girl and her friend chat me up and one of them has a boyfriend the other one im not sure about.

Whats up with this? Do girls do this for attention? to make me feel like they're more precious or do they want to cheat?? guys any help? any girls brave enough to explain?
    I was told by some girl mates that they do it for a bit of harmless fun and attention, and to know they're still fancied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nase14_aldayz)
    I was told by some girl mates that they do it for a bit of harmless fun and attention, and to know they're still fancied.
    That basically covers it.

ReputationRep:
    They have boyfriends but are unsatisfied by their boyfriends therefore they ultimately want you to **** them, and **** them hard. There is a simple calculation for this:

College + Sket = Sex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    That basically covers it.
    Are you talking from experience here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Are you talking from experience here?
    I'm in love with my boyfriend but I sometimes flirt with customers at work. Partly for tips, but I know its also partly because pathetically I like to have my attractiveness validated. He isn't bothered about it though so its all good.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in love with my boyfriend but I sometimes flirt with customers at work. Partly for tips, but I know its also partly because pathetically I like to have my attractiveness validated. He isn't bothered about it though so its all good.
    You know what I'm going to say now don't you

ReputationRep:
    You know what I'm going to say now don't you
    No. I imagine its going to be way off the mark though.

ReputationRep:
    No. I imagine its going to be way off the mark though.
    PICS OR GTFO

ReputationRep:
    Some girls are insecure and like to feel validated by having a guy hit on them. It makes them feel uber special knowing they've got a boyfriend at home waiting for them AND some guy at college hitting on them.

Silly girls, imo.

Silly girls indeed :yes:

Im going to wind them up, any ideas what to do? Just joking, im just going to ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but why would they approach me if they already have a bf? and i see that girl most days of the week and she is always trying to talk to me so that rules out the me putting them off theory.
    Maybe she doesn't really have a boyfriend.
    Maybe she's trying to keep you as an open option in case her relationship goes down the pan?

ReputationRep:
    I go I have a girlfriend or go I have a pet lizard. A girl is much happier to cheat if she thinks you're cheating too. Experiencing this a lot at uni atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Some girls are insecure and like to feel validated by having a guy hit on them. It makes them feel uber special knowing they've got a boyfriend at home waiting for them AND some guy at college hitting on them.

Silly girls, imo.
    It's because they're conceited little whores.

ReputationRep:
    It's because they're conceited little whores.
    That too.... lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.