Bouncers Watch

Alexandra1234567
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
A friend of mine sued a local club for overzealous bouncer action; they asked him to leave, he did (albeit slowly) and two of them proceeded to grab him and twisted his arm so much that they broke both the bones in his lower arm.

It was gross, there was poking out bone at the wrist.

EDIT: Thank goodness I'm a girl and generally a very polite smiley drunk. The majority of the bouncers in the general area around here aren't sympathetic, but I've not personally ever had trouble. Saying that though, the bouncers at the one and only supremely scuzzy club in my local area are fantastic, polite, very quick to action when the six or seven inevitable fights break out :rolleyes:.
Jammie300
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Bouncers can only engage with the public if they are SIA (Security Industry Authority) registered and have their badge to prove they are registered. More information herehttp://sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/home
Stratos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oooh legal thugging I wanna become a bouncer but I'm not big enough >< only 6 ft3
mrst269
Report 9 years ago
Round my way all the clubs have bouncers who are all linked up to one another.

For example if you get kicked out/barred from one place you are banned from the whole lot in the town centre.

I myself personally have never had bother with Bouncers, in fact many have been very polite. I cause them no grief, they cause me none. How it should be. The bain of my life with authorities are football stewards and the police at football (the latter are right ***** but lets leave that for another day)

As for the topic, there could be a reason. With it though they shouldn't do in a man who is already 'done in' so to speak. Not a nice thing to see but when I have seen it, it was for a reason.
warrenpenalver
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Theres far more attacks on punters and bouncers by drugged up/drunk teen boys who think they are hard than there are bouncers attacking people unprovoked.

except like most of these things you dont see the bits when they are dealing with real idiots, just the indiscretions. Same with police, the one time out of 1000000 encounters with the public where the cop beats someone up ends up on youtube and the papers yet the other 999999 times when the criminal kicked off doesnt get reported.

Although technically the law doesnt allow it, most the drunk ********s who kick off at bouncers for petty reasons etc deserve a good slap or 2 or 3.
teacake92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
my friends mum is a bounser and im glad she is nothing like these knobs
MC REN
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Stratos)
Oooh legal thugging I wanna become a bouncer but I'm not big enough >< only 6 ft3
There is almost always one bouncer who is like 5 ft 6 or something
adamrules247
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Mr. T was a bouncer.
FXX
Badges: 18
Report 9 years ago
My dad's mate is like 5ft 8 and is a bouncer. He got attacked once and ended up putting someone through a shop window though so I don't think height matters :p:
amenhotep
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rucklo)
My cousin get's no trouble with bouncer's in Manchester. He is 6ft 5, about 19 stone and bench press' about 185kg. However people he know's do. Basically they pick on people smaller than themselves.
Grow up.

Don't bunch them all together.
amenhotep
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think a lot of people see them as tough guys/wannabe tough guys and in turn want to prove themselves tougher (after a few drinks).

They almost always have SIA licenses now and I'm pretty sure most bouncers are a lot more patient and less aggressive than most people, given the circumstances. But that is part of their job.

I know one 'bouncer', who fits the bill in terms of appearance - he's big, always at the gym and has a skinhead and a goatee. But he's incredibly patient from my experience - I've only spent a significant amount of time with him while he's working once, and in that 20 or so minutes on the door of a club I would have probably have really, really beaten 4 drunks if they had acted that way with me - he (and the other doormen) simply kept pushing them away.

He's a full-time security guard who works on doors these days only for a bit of extra money (he's 'retired' form door work several times...). A lot of the people he works with are in very similar situation, and are professionals.
Gamer99
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
All these stories sound scary but every time I've gone out so far the bouncers have been utter legends.
dorian gray
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wait, wait, hold up!

Bouncers can physically harm people? Wth, I thought they acted as a barrier between you + the venue.

Under what circumstances can they do this?
Hello_Kitty
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've only ever witnessed bouncers attacking a guy on one occasion outside some bar in Leeds. I didn't really think it happened that often.
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tired yet?)
tonight i saw a gang of bouncers beat a guy until he passed out, then one of them grabbed him by the head and punched him again, despite him already being unconscious and quite immobile. how are they able to get away with this? they think they're the police when they're just fat *******s in trench coats. it's just bullying on an adult scale. where do i go to complain? i've thrown up twice just thinking about it.
this
warrenpenalver
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by MC REN)
There is almost always one bouncer who is like 5 ft 6 or something
Ive done door work and im 5foot 6. Its no disadvantage except some tall lanky idiots use it as another avenue to try and start a fight when you turn them away at the door.

In a physical sense it makes little difference as if you know proper self defence techniques its not about your size but using the other persons wieght against them. Most drunks/drugged up loosers dont move so well, are poorly co-ordinated and have no idea how to punch properly leaving them open to be put on the floor by using thier wieght against them to unbalance them.

(Original post by dorian gray)
Bouncers can physically harm people? Wth, I thought they acted as a barrier between you + the venue.

Under what circumstances can they do this?
bouncers can use minimum force necessary to remove someone from the establishment. Plus also reasonable force to break up fights etc.

Plus youve always got your rights of self defence to fall back on which means you can get away with reasonable force at any time you want by putting yourself in harms way (in a controlled way of course).

eg if someone is getting really abusive at the door you can invade thier personal space which is intimidating, and with most drunks they are likely to attack you and of course as soon as they try to attack you, you are justified in using reasonable force to defend yourself. Obviously theres a bit of risk involved.

Self defence laws include collective self defence of colleagues/customers hence why you can get stuck in more in a fight when you were seemingly uninvolved at the start.

In law there is a difference between using minimum force for ejecting someone from premises and reasonable force in self defence.

You still have to be careful these days although usually the police in most towns are quite good and when someones being a drunk idiot they will take them away ignoring thier claims of "i got beat up by the bouncers". They all say they got beat up even when they dont, just like the vast majority of ethnic minoritys who kick off in my town try and pull the race card as part of thier arguement to us or complaint to staff. eg "you racist mother f*****!! your not letting me in cos i is black" our reply would be "we arent letting you in because your drunk and being abusive!" Or if im annoyed it will be something negative like "go away before i have you taken away by police" etc.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A friend and I once got semi-attacked by about 4 bouncers. Completely unprovoked, one of them suddenly grabbed by friend and then all the others had to back him up and pilled in. It was farcical really.

I have met some alright ones though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (55)
98.21%
No (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads