Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you're definately not sleeping?

I find, during stressful periods of my life, that I sleep really lightly and don't actually realise I'm asleep. I'm really aware of the time and think I haven't slept at all however my mum and I did an experiment for a week or so and she would come in my room at specific times and find me asleep.

Problem is, I'm sleeping so lightly I may aswell not be sleeping because I'm still tired the next day.

And yes, go see your doc or take drowsey medicine?

ReputationRep:
    OP obviously IS sleeping to an extent as full blown sleep-deprived psychosis usually kicks in around day 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Wow, you just love giving your money away, huh?
    They work for me and have less side effects than prescription drugs or over the counter drugs!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    you should be dead then.

ReputationRep:
    Take loads of sleeping pills, write your Mum a note saying you went for a long walk, and then go and hide in a brick tunnel that links you house to your garage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    you should be dead then.
    What do you know? it's not like you're a doctor or anything.

ReputationRep:
    seriously this sounds like the beginning of fightclub, do you have any desire to be someone else lol, just go for a run before bedtime

ReputationRep:
    Tablets over the counter dont work.. you need propper medicine, bottle of whisky.. rum .. anything alcoholic over 40%... & a handful of sleeping pills, does the job propper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Go there maybe?
    The poster was commenting on your use of the apostrophe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)
    Surgery, I imagine?
    Well played.

ReputationRep:
    read for five or ten minutes or doing something relaxing before you go to bed
    avoid caffiene?
    dont watch tv/look at a computer screen before you go to bed
    try and stay awake (totally works reverse psychology i think)
    try 'night nurse' (omg totally works, i took it when i had a cold i woke up the next morning and was like wtf happened? lol)

ReputationRep:
    You must be experiencing some awesome hallucinations by now.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Adam_Smithers)
    What do you know? it's not like you're a doctor or anything.
    I watch House!! I sweeearr there is an episode where the woman is like "I haven't slept blah blah, and they were like its impossible, you'd be dead"

ReputationRep:
    i had a period where i couldnt get to sleep at night and really hated it. I kept tossing and turning in bed to find the most comfortable position to try and fall asleep in until eventually i would just drift off even though i didnt feel tired. Anyway, maybe research into insomnia on the net and see if they have any solutions or help for it. I would consult your doctor before taking sleeping pills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Go there maybe?
    That's crazy, there is no such thing as going to the doctor. OP all you have to do is sing along with this this:

(Original post by DSC)
    seriously this sounds like the beginning of fightclub, do you have any desire to be someone else lol, just go for a run before bedtime
    why the hell would I start the thread as anonymous

ReputationRep:
    I think the best thing to say is that some things work for some people and some don't. You just have to find what works for you.

Alcohol is not "proper medicine". If you drink it with some sleeping pills it can make you feel quite ill the next day (speaking from experience when I was trying some new ones a few months ago). Nor is it advisable to take night nurse just because it can help you sleep, because it's not designed for that.

I think I have sorted it out Thanks all ...( watch midnight poker)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    why the hell would I start the thread as anonymous
    you tell me, i suppose you dont want people to know that you are an insomniac, i know i'm answering the bloody obvious but i'm bored

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.