Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    "We will fight in the fields and the streets... We shall never surrender!" - W. Churchill.

The best quote from the best speech of the 20th century in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny - Aesop

ReputationRep:
    Its totally immature but -

"If something's hard to do, its not worth doing." - Homer Simpson :p:

ReputationRep:
    "Be strong now because things will get better, it might be stormy now but it cant rain forever"

ReputationRep:
    God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    "Yo Taylor, I'm really happy for you, Im'ma let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time. One of the best videos of all time!"
    THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    the answers to lifes problems are not at the bottom of a bottle, they are on the jeremy kyle show

ReputationRep:
    Fully 70% of the matter density in the universe appears to be in the form of dark energy. Twenty-six percent is dark matter. Only 4% is ordinary matter. So less than 1 part in 20 is made out of matter we have observed experimentally or described in the standard model of particle physics. Of the other 96%, apart from the properties just mentioned, we know absolutely nothing.
    – Lee Smolin: The Trouble with Physics, p. 16

ReputationRep:
    "Man will realize his mission on earth when he reveres himself and others as divine"

"You are seeking peace and joy in far off places, but the spring of joy is in your heart, the haven of peace is in yourself"

"Love all, serve all"

"Be in the world, but do not let the world be in you"

"He who conquers others is strong, he who conquers himself is mighty"

ReputationRep:
    "Last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick, I'm so bad I make medicine sick." Muhammad Ali

ReputationRep:
    "The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be."
    - Douglas Adams [RIP ]

There's a lot of quotes I love, though.

ReputationRep:
    "What is human life? The first third a good time; the rest remembering about it"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    "Yo Taylor, I'm really happy for you, Im'ma let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time. One of the best videos of all time!"
    which video was he talking about?

ReputationRep:
    "If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologise."
    - The late great Muhammad Ali

ReputationRep:
    i have far too many..ones that come to minid

in the hopes of reaching the moon, men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet -albert schweitzer

if you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine - che guevara

...we shall never surrender - churchill

ReputationRep:
    “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” - Nelson Mandela

ReputationRep:
    In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away

ReputationRep:
    From the persuit of happyness, will smith to his son:

'Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't do something, not even me'

ReputationRep:
    I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being. - Oscar Wilde
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    For how can a tyrant rule the free and the proud, but for a tyranny in their own freedome and a shame in their own pride? - Kahlil Gibran

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.