Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    I'm changing my post title. :five:
    :congrats: Now why didn't I think of that. :bhangra:

ReputationRep:
    I am doing five highers this year. English, Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Music.

I'm crash-highering Chemistry. I can't believe they let me do that. I'm really enjoying it. Best decision ever.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing five highers: English, Maths, Human Biology, Chemistry and Psychology.

Maths is a hugggggge jump. The rest are fine. But it's not really the difficulty for me, it's the quantity. I'm getting quite pissed off having to write essays at 1am :indiff:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    I'm doing five highers: English, Maths, Human Biology, Chemistry and Psychology.

Maths is a hugggggge jump. The rest are fine. But it's not really the difficulty for me, it's the quantity. I'm getting quite pissed off having to write essays at 1am :indiff:.
    I agree 100 % with maths , I am so terrible at it ekk :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefany-a)
    I agree 100 % with maths , I am so terrible at it ekk :s
    Look on my sig and click "Maths", those notes are pretty damn good.

ReputationRep:
    Look on my sig and click "Maths", those notes are pretty damn good.
    I can't find them , I use the HSN note

ReputationRep:
    I can't find them , I use the HSN note
    http://www.maths4scotland.co.uk/higher.htm

Highers really separate the men from the boys...I guess I'm the wimpy one at the back crying on the phone to his mummy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    im doing 6, lol, and failing :unsure:

soooo much harder than SG/Int 2

although the only one im actually liking/good at is biology

maths/physics/chemistry/english escapes me

Woow six! That's brave! :rolleyes: English is horrible, i agree, but at the end you'll realize that all that interp practise and critical essays were worth it in the end...sort of :p:

Lol...biology was my worst! Hated the essays that came with it!

ReputationRep:
    I agree History is so different this year

hmm yeah, managed to get an A in the end despite during relatively little work throughout the year! was really lucky actually, but don't follow by my bad example! Do LOADS of practise essays because they're the hardest part IMO :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikka_09)
    hmm yeah, managed to get an A in the end despite during relatively little work throughout the year! was really lucky actually, but don't follow by my bad example! Do LOADS of practise essays because they're the hardest part IMO :yes:
    well done on the A in history , I would love love an A in history , what topic did you pick for your extended essay ?

ReputationRep:
    well done on the A in history , I would love love an A in history , what topic did you pick for your extended essay ?

I did the weaknesses of the Weimar Republic and the economic crises/how Hitler and the Nazis manipulated this in order to gain power... yeah it was at the time, easy, but that was actually what i got my lowest mark in! Don't be like me, and leave your essay until the week before to do! Do it, maybe 3, 4 weeks in advance and make your teacher check it and recheck it! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikka_09)
    I did the weaknesses of the Weimar Republic and the economic crises/how Hitler and the Nazis manipulated this in order to gain power... yeah it was at the time, easy, but that was actually what i got my lowest mark in! Don't be like me, and leave your essay until the week before to do! Do it, maybe 3, 4 weeks in advance and make your teacher check it and recheck it! :p:
    my history teacher / also a higher marker told us rise of hitler is one of the hard ones to do an extended essay plus the marker are usually strict since we covered the topic in SG . I am thinking of doing appeasment / road to war or Bismark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    im doing 6, lol, and failing :unsure:

soooo much harder than SG/Int 2

although the only one im actually liking/good at is biology

maths/physics/chemistry/english escapes me
    You're doing six Highers? :yikes:

ReputationRep:
    my history teacher / also a higher marker told us rise of hitler is one of the hard ones to do an extended essay plus the marker are usually strict since we covered the topic in SG . I am thinking of doing appeasment / road to war or Bismark

Yeah Bismark's a good one, quite a few people did that in my class. We never got to do appeasement though for our dissertation as it was considered too complicated according to my history teacher! He was an idiot though :p:

ReputationRep:
    The jump from Standard Grade to Higher wasn't bad, standards got higher but it's not a giant step. I've found going from Higher to Advanced Higher far smaller a change than SG to Higher, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Yea, don't be put off with the scare stories about doing 5 highers, and how the jump is impossible. There is a jump, but if you work consistently throughout the year, and I don't mean consistently hard, just consistenly, you'll do well.
    Yeah, the consistently is important - it means you can learn the courses a lot more easily when it comes to the exams.

ReputationRep:
    hello. i'm very new to this site. I'm a junior and we just got the information on starting to think about our extended essays. I'm very interested in history, and really into the queens and kings of Europe (especially France, England (Tudor familiy) and Russia (Romanovs family) at the moment.. which is very interesting 'cuz we're starting a chapter on Nicolas II's reign in Russia in my history class)... awesome. Does anyone have an idea of a topic for an extended essay?

ReputationRep:
    So. Much. Harder.

The Modern Studies essays are marked much more harshly, Physics is actually impossible and Maths is difficult (at least compared to Int. 2 which I found really easy).

Luckily English isn't too much harder, and Business Management has gotten easier

ReputationRep:
    Is it really bad that I haven't started serious studying yet? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Is it really bad that I haven't started serious studying yet? :awesome:
    No.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.