Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flugestuge)
    No.
    *shrugs* Warwick may be higher in most ranks but not in the international ones.
    + Just so many more people i've met have heard of Edinburgh over Warwick....a lot had never heard of Warwick.
    I hadn't heard of warwick till i started looking at uni's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brazilianrocker)
    hey guys.

Once again, killing time, but this is actually a serious question. Im applying to the following schools for economics

Oxford, UCL, Warwick, LSE, Edinburgh

But as well-ranked and prestigious as the others are, a little voice inside is pushing me toward Edinburgh (not that Edinburgh isn't either of those, its just not "as" prestigious).

Did anyone in a similar situation listen to that voice and go to Edinbugh? If so, why? Do you regret your decision?
    I turned down Bristol and Warwick and Bath for Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    is Cambridge not more prestigious?

hmmm, my parents are uber strict muslims, so really only allowed to have gone to cambridge if it was to Murray Edwards all girls college. Edinburgh is better for medicine though.

Cmabridge is really flat.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 26, 2009
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.