Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've never got more than 2 in a day. But then there's workshops, seminars, critiques and tutorials on top of that. The guide they've given us is that we should be working 40 hours per week.

ReputationRep:
    it varies between uni to uni and courses etc. i.e nursing/medicine/law have a lot of lectures

ReputationRep:
    2-3 lectures a day + labs 4 days a week

ReputationRep:
    I have Monday, Wednesday and Friday off each week - on Tuesday I have 3 sessions of 50 min each (2 lectures + 1 seminar) and on Thursday I have a workshop for 1 hr 50 min and a seminar for 50 min.

Im a 3rd year Politics student.

However we are supposed to do about 40 hours of work each week..

ReputationRep:
    Well I have lectures, labs and tutorials, generally about 2-4 hours of contact time a day, plus optional outside speaker lectures for 2 hours 2 evenings a week. I have fridays off though, and will have tuesdays off after christmas, but obviously I'm expected to spend this time researching, writing essays and lab reports, reading and revising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matrix15)
    I have six hours a week so basically a lecture a day apart from 2 on mondays.
    6 hours a week? I have six hours tomorrow (2 hours of complex analysis, followed by two hours of fluid mechanics, followed by two hours of Japanese - no breaks! Yummy)

ReputationRep:
    1... i wish i usually have atleast 4 then tutorials on top of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    6 hours a week? I have six hours tomorrow (2 hours of complex analysis, followed by two hours of fluid mechanics, followed by two hours of Japanese - no breaks! Yummy)
    Ouch :sigh: Still, you'll reap the benefits when you have the degree.

ReputationRep:
    I Have 4 Lectures In One Day

ReputationRep:
    Last year I had 4 hours of French seminars in a week (no lectures), 2 hours on Mon and 2 hours on Thurs. Then, 6 hours of Politics - 3 lectures and 3 seminars. :france:

The lectures were always on the corresponding day as the seminars, but not 2 lectures in one day. Most I had was Thurs- 2 hours French plus one Pol lecture and sem; 4 hrs altogether.

This year however I have no French and 2 lectures and 2 seminars in one day (Thurs) plus 2 other sems and lectures spread throughout the week. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    please please please tell me i'm right
    Uhm, well it very much depends on uni/subject etc etc, but most people will have more than one lecture a day! I have 24 0r 25 hours of contact time a week, that is: 14 hours of lectures a week ( spose 4 of those hours could technically be classed as seminars or tutorials as there are only 11 of us doing French for scientists...), 9 hours of labs a week, and 1-2 hours of tutorials a week! My shortest day is 2 hours, and 3 of my days are 6hours (with no break )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    It's nasty eh! I have that 3 days a week: 1hour lecture, 1 hour lecture, 1 hour tutorial/seminar for french, 3 hour lab... Lunch doesn't really happen.... one the days I have 6hours, I also have an hour of circuit training for rowing straight after, then an hour and a half of hockey training...

ReputationRep:
    i only have one lecture a week, but on that day i have 2 tutorials

ReputationRep:
    I have four lectures a week (two on Monday though) but that doesn't include seminars. It varies so much though, as you can see from this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    please please please tell me i'm right
    We have 2 lectures a day (most days) and are in uni every day.
    Plus dissection and/or a tutorial/group work session.

ReputationRep:
    On my busiest and earliest day, I have 2 seminars and one lecture in the space of 4 hours.

ReputationRep:
    I've got three hours on a Monday, one on a Tuesday, nothing at all on a Wednesday, one hour on a Thursday and 5 hours on a Friday.

I generally have 18 hours of contact time each week, split into 12 hours of lectures and 6 hours of tutorials. Then there's also the occasional lab session, all mine seem to be group toward the end of term this year

ReputationRep:
    I wish, some days I've got 3 straight after each other.

ReputationRep:
    I have 16 hours a week of lectures (2 of which is in a computer room). No seminars, but one tutorial a week with my tutor. I have 5 hours straight on a Tuesday morning, with a 6th hour 3 hours after the 5 hour block.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.