Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    I can't stand this attitude. So a guy only wants a relationship with a girl who doesn't have casual sex, even though he has it himself? How horribly hypocritical.
    yes its hypocritical, but with many guys, a girl who sleeps with them is no good as they are then considered to be a ****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    yes its hypocritical, but with many guys, a girl who sleeps with them is no good as they are then considered to be a ****!
    So you're going to go for the girls that don't sleep with you?

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand this attitude. So a guy only wants a relationship with a girl who doesn't have casual sex, even though he has it himself? How horribly hypocritical.
    I know. Sad but true, but that's the way the male mind works.

ReputationRep:
    Go and see him, tell him you like him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    I don't even think it's that. For many males, sex is the holy grail. If they can get it from a girl without having to court and date and buy her nice presents, they have no reason at all to then pursue a relationship with that girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giran)
    What kind of man shags a girl when she is drunk? :awesome:
    The male kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnytheFox)
    I know. Sad but true, but that's the way the male mind works.

wtf?

So to you, there are two types of girls: the ones who occasionally have sex and the ones you might date?

What a load of ********. You're on your own there mate. If you want a virgin go hang round the local primary school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    wtf?

So to you, there are two types of girls: the ones who occasionally have sex and the ones you might date?

What a load of ********. You're on your own there mate. If you want a virgin go hang round the local primary school.
    You live in a rough area mate.

ReputationRep:
    OP the fact that he left you was not a very good sign

The best way to turn this thing around is just keep being friendly with him. Simply say "Hope things wont be too awkward after last night. Hope you are ok with still hanging out." Act like it was a shame it happened but it happened so you are daling with it as casually as possible. When you are friends once againa nd you still have feelings for him then you can try to pursue them

Please do not try to chase a relationship with him now

ReputationRep:
    I would say making a joke if it would be the best bet. You don't want it to seem like a big deal either way. Give him a playful punch and accuse him of taking advantage of a drunk girl (jokingly of course).

ReputationRep:
    Um yeah like the world is not full of hypocrites :rolleyes: Because it has always been fair and just

OP it is always best to find out what peoples intentions are before going with them. See how they treat you, interact with you and others. Girls can have as many one nighters or flings as they want but for goodness sakes do not have it with someone you are likely to develop an emotional attachment to. I say this over and over again women and men tend to view things differently when it comes to sex and emotions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnytheFox)
    I don't even think it's that. For many males, sex is the holy grail. If they can get it from a girl without having to court and date and buy her nice presents, they have no reason at all to then pursue a relationship with that girl.
    But that's tantamount to saying that a man only gets into a relationship for the sex.

I don't even have casual sex, but I wouldn't want to date a guy with that sort of ridiculous attitude.

ReputationRep:
    ohh come on, you know you liked it, just move on

ReputationRep:
    Why not just be honest with him and explain that it was a drunken mistake and you don't want him to see you in that way? You don't have to tell him you like him, or anything, but you can see how he reacts to friendship (or more if you decide to push it in that direction).

Also, I'm not liking how some of the guys on here are saying they steer clear of one night stand girls for relationships, and yet are happy to have them their selves. Double bloody standards!

ReputationRep:
    Same! That attitude really annoys me :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    He just came and went?

Well... he probably has no thought to go further or carry it on as he didn't even stay the night with you. It probably seemed an easy situation to him.
    L M F A O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    no chance since he slept with you whilst drunk and also weasled his way out f your room once the buisness was done
    :lolwut:

What do you expect him to do?

ReputationRep:
    Indiscriminate sex happened all the time in my halls. As long as I didn't have to see them over the breakfast table I wasn't too bothered........

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Looks like it was pretty clear what he wanted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    wtf?

What are you talking about? Where did I once say "only virgins can get boyfriends?"

All I said was, a lot of men would prefer a girl that is more reluctant to have random casual sex than a girl who gives it up at every oppurtunity for a longterm relationship.
    I'm pretty sure the reverse is true too, women would generally favour a man who didn't sleep wih a different girl each night.

I didn't say it applied to EVERY SINGLE MALE ON THE PLANET. You had no reason to be so insulting in your post.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.