ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ArtificiallyWarped)
    Thank you :')
    Email now Pm'd xD
    sent.

ReputationRep:
    Got your email :')
    The third literary technique i will be commenting on is word choice.

"A study of the literary techniques James Bradley uses to explore the theme of evil in human nature in 'The Ressurectionist' and the impact the exploration of this theme has on enhancing the reader's understanding of the text as a whole."

Essay structure:

Intro - Introduce question.

Plot Summary - Briefly Summarize the book.

First Body Para - Literary technique commenting on - SETTING. Example - How the setting is creepy etc, therefore making the evil/goriness in the novel more prominent, and therefore making the theme more noticeable.

Second Body Para - Literary technique commenting on - CHARACTERISATION. Example - First apprentice, philosophical character, his views and ideas show us the philosophical side of the novels theme in more depth.

Third Body Para - Literary technique commenting on - WORD CHOICE. Example - Word's make sentences/desrcriptions of scenes seem more vivid/gory, therefore allowing the reader to understand the the theme.

Conclusion - Sum up how the writers literary technique's used help to portray the theme of evil in human nature and make the novel in inspirational and effective piece of work.

^^ That's my final rough plan.
    Now im off to start.
    i'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks so much for your help again, you gave me the upper leg on what would have been something i would have ended up having to continually re-write.

:'D
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Got your email :')
    The third literary technique i will be commenting on is word choice.

"A study of the literary techniques James Bradley uses to explore the theme of evil in human nature in 'The Ressurectionist' and the impact the exploration of this theme has on enhancing the reader's understanding of the text as a whole."

Essay structure:

First Body Para - Literary technique commenting on - SETTING. Example - How the setting is creepy etc, therefore making the evil/goriness in the novel more prominent, and therefore making the theme more noticeable.

Second Body Para - Literary technique commenting on - CHARACTERISATION. Example - First apprentice, philosophical character, his views and ideas show us the philosophical side of the novels theme in more depth.

Third Body Para - Literary technique commenting on - WORD CHOICE. Example - Word's make sentences/desrcriptions of scenes seem more vivid/gory, therefore allowing the reader to understand the the theme.

Conclusion - Sum up how the writers literary technique's used help to portray the theme of evil in human nature and make the novel in inspirational and effective piece of work.

^^ That's my final rough plan.
    Now im off to start.
    i'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks so much for your help again, you gave me the upper leg on what would have been something i would have ended up having to continually re-write.

:'D
    Watch with the bit in bold that you don't repeat stuff you say in the first paragraph. Dont want to be a pain but this technique seems too similar to your first paragraph so I would change it. Have you considered key incident/climax/turning point? Every book has one so there's bound to be something you can talk about there, and they are techniques of prose fiction. Just my suggestion so you don't have to listen to me...:o:

ReputationRep:
    That's a good point.
    I might keep in word choice however, and change setting, instead commenting on turning point.

Example, in the book, the character is an apprentice of Mr Poll, a famous anatomist, who basically ignores all superstition and moral thoughts regarding death, and is purely for science etc.

The character soon finds himself drawn towards Mr Polls nemesis, a character named Lucan, the city's famous ressurectionist.

Yeah, so basically there are quotes in the book that show where the character's views are changing, and in turn, this turning point also helps us to understand the different viewpoints on theme.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    That's a good point.
    I might keep in word choice however, and change setting, instead commenting on turning point.

Example, in the book, the character is an apprentice of Mr Poll, a famous anatomist, who basically ignores all superstition and moral thoughts regarding death, and is purely for science etc.

The character soon finds himself drawn towards Mr Polls nemesis, a character named Lucan, the city's famous ressurectionist.

Yeah, so basically there are quotes in the book that show where the character's views are changing, and in turn, this turning point also helps us to understand the different viewpoints on theme.
    yeah okay. That sounds fine.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, now this is hopefully going to be my final plan. Sorry for continually changing it, i just want the best result i can get.

Essay structure:

First Body Para - Literary technique commenting on - CHARACTERISATION. Example - First apprentice, philosophical character, his views and ideas show us the philosophical side of the novels theme in more depth.

Second Body Para - Literary technique commenting on - TURN POINT. Example - Where characters opinion changes from Mr Poll to Lucien (science to morality/spirituality.) This allows the reader to understand the different viewpoints on theme. Example - Evidence of characters opinion changing, questioning morality, questioning and doubting opinions.

Third Body Para - Literary technique commenting on - WORD CHOICE. Example - Word's make sentences/desrcriptions of scenes seem more vivid/gory, therefore allowing the reader to understand the theme.

Conclusion - Sum up how the writers literary technique's used help the reader to understand the theme of evil in human nature. - Through the authors use of varying literary techniques, the reader can gain a further understanding of the books theme, its contrasting view points and the philosophical side of these opinions.

*Note* Not to get muddled up - characterisation + Turn point.

Characterisation - The quotes and opinions themselves.
    Turn Point - The quotes regarding questioning + doubt towards opinions.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ok, now this is hopefully going to be my final plan. Sorry for continually changing it, i just want the best result i can get.

Essay structure:

First Body Para - Literary technique commenting on - CHARACTERISATION. Example - First apprentice, philosophical character, his views and ideas show us the philosophical side of the novels theme in more depth.

Second Body Para - Literary technique commenting on - TURN POINT. Example - Where characters opinion changes from Mr Poll to Lucien (science to morality/spirituality.) This allows the reader to understand the different viewpoints on theme. Example - Evidence of characters opinion changing, questioning morality, questioning and doubting opinions.

Third Body Para - Literary technique commenting on - WORD CHOICE. Example - Word's make sentences/desrcriptions of scenes seem more vivid/gory, therefore allowing the reader to understand the theme.

Conclusion - Sum up how the writers literary technique's used help the reader to understand the theme of evil in human nature. - Through the authors use of varying literary techniques, the reader can gain a further understanding of the books theme, its contrasting view points and the philosophical side of these opinions.

*Note* Not to get muddled up - characterisation + Turn point.

Characterisation - The quotes and opinions themselves.
    Turn Point - The quotes regarding questioning + doubt towards opinions.
    Yep. This seems fine. :yes:

Let me know how you get on with it. If you wanted, I could have a look at your first draft once it's finished as the teachers are not meant to, so if you want to take up this offer, PM me.

ReputationRep:
    Sure, that would be great if you could :')
    I'm off to do the intro + plot summary just now, so i can pm that to you when im done aswell. :')

Quick question.
    In the hamlet word document that you sent me, you showed how the first part is worded as a question, then in the intro you word it as a statement, to introduce it.

Do i need to word it as a question in my opening sentence?
    i was planning on just introducing it as a statement, then that would be it, didn't see the need in putting it as a question..

Let me know what you think :')
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Sure, that would be great if you could :')
    I'm off to do the intro + plot summary just now, so i can pm that to you when im done aswell. :')

Quick question.
    In the hamlet word document that you sent me, you showed how the first part is worded as a question, then in the intro you word it as a statement, to introduce it.

Do i need to word it as a question in my opening sentence?
    i was planning on just introducing it as a statement, then that would be it, didn't see the need in putting it as a question..

Let me know what you think :')
    Eh, you write the question before you write the essay so the person who's marking it can see what you are meant to be answering. Like the example I gave you, just write the question down then leave a couple of lines and start the essay. Then you reword the question as a statement in the intro. The essay I gave you is a 25/25 higher essay so the format should be right.

ReputationRep:
    Got you =D
    Question + opening sentence now Pm'd.
    :')

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.