The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hollyhollywood92
I'm not the only girl who does this, i'm the only one who admits it.

I just got seriously paranoid.
Reply 21
Scenic88
No, we are both at the same uni, but completely different departments and colleges, so the only time I would ever see him is if we bumped into each other randomly (and he is doing a PhD so unlikely). I see where you're going with the FB thing, but doubt he is going to look at my profile overly as he doesn't seem like the sort of person to pore over that sort of thing.

Hmmm PhD? Are you sure he aint got a girlfriend?

Yeah even at my uni (UCL) the PhD guysdo not really hang out with the undergrads

Make your profile look more attractive. I did not realise how much people looked at profiles until I spoke to a few friends over the summer who I would not call facebook tarts yet they could tell me what pics I had put up, where I had been etc So just because someone is not commenting does not mean they are not noticing

You could try and crash postgrad parties, functions, events etc Is there a postgrad society?

But I think the easiest option is the FB thing. Guys are aesthetic creatures. They will notice your looks first before anything else. So make a comment here and there (do not bombard his wall with messages/texts) as that is just irritating and looks desperate. If you get nothing in return just leave it till you see him in real life and better yet get a collection of crushes/guys you like, way more fun :wink:
Reply 22
Rokit
Hmmm PhD? Are you sure he aint got a girlfriend?

Yeah even at my uni (UCL) the PhD guysdo not really hang out with the undergrads

Make your profile look more attractive. I did not realise how much people looked at profiles until I spoke to a few friends over the summer who I would not call facebook tarts yet they could tell me what pics I had put up, where I had been etc So just because someone is not commenting does not mean they are not noticing

You could try and crash postgrad parties, functions, events etc Is there a postgrad society?

But I think the easiest option is the FB thing. Guys are aesthetic creatures. They will notice your looks first before anything else. So make a comment here and there (do not bombard his wall with messages/texts) as that is just irritating and looks desperate. If you get nothing in return just leave it till you see him in real life and better yet get a collection of crushes/guys you like, way more fun :wink:

Yep, sure he hasn't got a girlfriend (relationship status on FB); we are around the same age so no issue there. I could just go to his college's events or whatever, but what's the point - I might as well just ask him out rather than expending even more time/energy doing that.

Plus, he has already seen me in real life, so I guess he has already made his opinions on attractiveness based on that. I doubt more pictures on Facebook will change that, as I am always very sceptical of that sort of thing (angles, lighting etc) - I don't really have many photos of myself anyway.

I think what I will probably do is message him again, and then if I get nothing from that, then finito... I just don't know what to say in this message though - should I be more obvious, or continue in the 'friendly' fashion (don't want to get stuck in the 'friend zone' though :s-smilie:)?
Reply 23
Scenic88
Yep, sure he hasn't got a girlfriend (relationship status on FB); we are around the same age so no issue there. I could just go to his college's events or whatever, but what's the point - I might as well just ask him out rather than expending even more time/energy doing that.

Plus, he has already seen me in real life, so I guess he has already made his opinions on attractiveness based on that. I doubt more pictures on Facebook will change that, as I am always very sceptical of that sort of thing (angles, lighting etc) - I don't really have many photos of myself anyway.

I think what I will probably do is message him again, and then if I get nothing from that, then finito... I just don't know what to say in this message though - should I be more obvious, or continue in the 'friendly' fashion (don't want to get stuck in the 'friend zone' though :s-smilie:)?

Hmm tbh I would not just message him as a bit too full on. You have already done that before. Just comment on his statuses, vids, links etc then when you have built up a rapport there you can email him
Reply 24
just ask.

maybe he likes you but not massively. there are some girls who i wouldn't neccesary persue ...but wouldn't turn them down either if they flat out asked me out

asking over fb is even easier than asking in person.

what's the worse that can likely happen. he says no and decides not to talk to you again. big deal ...you've only like known him since tuesday
Sounds similar to my "dilemma"...

I met someone through here, I want to talk to him more often though (we've PMed, MSNed) but he's hardly ever online. If I asked for his number, would I be making a mistake? I'm scared of being rejected which is ridiculous I know and I've always believed that if someone is into you...they will chase you? Am I wrong?
Reply 26
OK, sorry to bump, but just a bit annoyed.

I wrote back to him at about 11pm Monday night with a bit longer message - just to test the waters because I don't think there is anything there - with two questions in it, and I was expecting him not to write back at all, or just to respond and not ask anything back, whereupon I would've called it quits.

However, just now he has written back, and after replying to one of my questions, asked me a really simple question (non-personal, factual) about something (relevant to our previous discussion) but that could easily be solved in 1 second by Googling! Does this mean he wants to keep the conversation going, or is just lazy?!

Latest

Trending

Trending