The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The guy on the Postal Gold advert has really wide, excited eyes and never blinks. It's freaky. :lolwut:
Reply 21
The thing is you have no idea what you will get until you send it off and they send you your cheque, so you will likely end up very very disapointed.
Someone who loves gold obviously wants to get as much as they can:

Reply 23
Gold.....What the real currency used to be alongside with silver.

Our current cash is worth nothing tbh.
Eh I would never send any gold off to them. I'd more likely get more money off it by putting it up for auction on ebay.
The amount of money those people get in the adverts looks very misleading as well. It's like those Envirophone adverts - if you're gonna get £150 for your "old phone", it's not really old at all, is it?
Reply 26
I"d never send my gold to those places on the TV, knowing my luck the package would get lost somewhere. If I was going to sell any of it I"d rather take it to the Jewelery Quarter in Brum.
On one of the adverts, the women speaking (i think giving a testimonial) has one side of her hair a few inches longer than the other.... it looks stupid, like she was meant to have a side parting, and they gave her a centre parting or something! They couldn't even be bothered to get proper models for their adverts!
Reply 28
To the person that gave me bad rep for this post
get a life
what the hell? :mad:

I'm sick of all these people giving me bad rep for nothing; it's not like i said i like drowning puppies :rolleyes: ... if you don't like my threads then please just find another :mad:.
I doubt they're scams in the sense that they steal your gold and don't make good on their promise of payment, they probably just give you a crap exchange rate. The adverts often say things like they got 'more money than they expected' (how much did they expect?) or just a number of pounds without knowing what was sent in. Why would anyone sell their property for a price to be decided solely by the buyer without even telling you first? You'd likely get a much better deal at a pawn shop, if you're really desperate for cash. Then again, a 'multi-million pound company' doesn't mean an awful lot. If you're turning over £1.5m and making a 4% final profit (about average for a business), you're making about £50,000/year which is barely a single middle manager's salary.
I like that one where the person says "We'll give you cash" or something, and then some old man goes "And they mean cash!" all excitedly, as if up until that point we had been going "Yes, but is it really cash?"

Rather stupidly I hadn't thought of any of the obvious flaws pointed out on this thread.
Reply 31
ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
I like that one where the person says "We'll give you cash" or something, and then some old man goes "And they mean cash!" all excitedly, as if up until that point we had been going "Yes, but is it really cash?"

Rather stupidly I hadn't thought of any of the obvious flaws pointed out on this thread.

It's as bad as 'Injury Lawyers 4 u'. "They're REAL lawyers"..

No ****ng ****.
I know, and most of them are particularly annoying. It's up there with the get a life, get swift cover guy who pisses the hell out of me.
Those adverts are so annoying :mad:
hardcoretophat
I know, and most of them are particularly annoying. It's up there with the get a life, get swift cover guy who pisses the hell out of me.

Is that the advert with that Iggy Pop guy on it? He really needs to put a shirt on. :yucky:
AP.
It's as bad as 'Injury Lawyers 4 u'. "They're REAL lawyers"..

No ****ng ****.

Hahaha I knooow that's my other favourite obvious ad moment :biggrin:
Reply 36
ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Hahaha I knooow that's my other favourite obvious ad moment :biggrin:

If I had the balls I'd ring them up:

"Hi, I've just seen your advert, is it true that you guys have REAL lawyers?"

:colondollar:
teh_samby
Is that the advert with that Iggy Pop guy on it? He really needs to put a shirt on. :yucky:

Exactly. He's not helped much by the sweatdrenched, greasy haired look either. What were the directors thinking?! :confused:

In reply to an earlier post, I love the meerkat adverts :biggrin:
Reply 38
I love those adverts.

"I sent in me gold and they gave us enough cash to go to a European away game" - Rofl.

Gold standard.
:iiam:

Latest

Trending

Trending