Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How big is the pen? if it's small enough then maybe you could fit it in your wardrobe during the day and let him out at night. Or there may be space under the bed. If he sleeps during the day anyway, it won't matter that he's in a cupboard or something.

Go to your unis' open and visit days and go on campus/accomodation tours to find potential hiding places. Pick the accomodation with the best facilities to hide a hedgehog, take into account how noisy the halls are - some are very quiet, others not so.

Best of luck. I'm sure crazier things than hedgehogs have been smuggled into halls before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    By the way, does the title of the thread remind anyone else of the Animal Ark series?
    :eek: YES! Badger in the Basement etc.
    Great series :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you could get a lidded pen which could slip under the bed. Hedgehogs like the dark anyway. I'd go and see what the situation is like, think that sounds like a good plan. Also if it's very noisy it might be a bit cruel as hedgehogs are easily startled.

Also I had a friend in first year in halls who had a lizard. So, you're not the only one to do this sort of thing....

ReputationRep:
    so people can discuss keeping their hedhogs but I cant discuss my donkey? This is discrimination, some one has mad an ass of themseleves i am horse from all the crying and I am very long in the face!

ReputationRep:
    Easier to get a hedgehog in than a donkey.

ReputationRep:
    Sonic would be proud of you

ReputationRep:
    Yes buut their no where near as cute as donkeys!

ReputationRep:
    What.Him. So cute!!

Cleaners might not come into your rooms - they didn't in my halls so you might want to check that first. Although, we used to have room inspections every term to make sure they were safe ie. no candles, halogen lamps etc. so that could potentially be a problem.

Maybe give it a few weeks to see if you think it'd be suitable. S/he might not like the noisy atmosphere etc so it wouldn't be fair.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was illegal to keep a hedgehog as a pet?

At least that's what everyone told me when I set my heart on one..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atypicalsurreygirl)

Was you very young? If so you was fobbed off.

ReputationRep:
    Just get rid of it, time to move on what with starting uni etc.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'll look after him :love:

ReputationRep:
    Hide it under your floorboards, that way he can rummage threw everyones rooms bringing back vital pieces of information!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellyboo)
    I know that there is one about a toutoise but I have a similar problem.
    I am going to Uni next September/October and will be staying in halls. I have to take my Hedgehog with me.

He is a year old now and they tend to live about 3 years.
    He sleeps all day and runs on a wheel at night.

Currently he living in a pen on my bedroom floor.

How can I hide him at uni?

Thanks

It's technically against the law to have a (wild) pet European Hedgehog :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    What does he eat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atypicalsurreygirl)

European hedgehogs are partially protected in the U.K. Trapping them requires permission from the proper authorities.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.