Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizfairy)
    me for anthropology!
    I've got you in there under Social Anthropology. Isn't that the name of the degree? I'll change it if you like though; I don't mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barefootfiona)
    I've got you in there under Social Anthropology. Isn't that the name of the degree? I'll change it if you like though; I don't mind!
    sorry yep thanks, I didn't notice

ReputationRep:
    Can you add me for Chemistry please?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for english lit

ReputationRep:
    Physics for me

ReputationRep:
    Physics for me too.

ReputationRep:
    Meeee! :woo:
    French and Spanish

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Modern Languages MA ...... fingers crossed, hope I get in, just want them to hurry up with the reply on UCAS!!

ReputationRep:
    Linguistics applicant here Edinburgh was my favourite uni so I really hope I get in!

I am checking Track obsessively.... I read somewhere that if you pick a low demand subject you hear within a few weeks. Has anyone had an offer yet?

ReputationRep:
    History and German for me, yet to come across anyone applying for this combo! Edinburgh is definately my first choice but will probs get rejected knowing my luck! Also applying for Manchester, Oxford, Durham and Leeds. Wish they'd hurry with offers - Im going a bit cuckoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie0914)
    Linguistics applicant here Edinburgh was my favourite uni so I really hope I get in!

I am checking Track obsessively.... I read somewhere that if you pick a low demand subject you hear within a few weeks. Has anyone had an offer yet?
    I still need to send you the stuff!!! I'll do it now... I'm so sorry.... seeing your name just reminded me!

Also I highly doubt you'll hear from them within a couple of weeks. Edinburgh take forever with everything in life... you will learn this when you try to send PPLS emails and they don't reply!

Technically, I'm an Edinburgh applicant too this year, but for post graduate... I've applied for a primary pgde they sent me some whatever it is thingy you guys go on about Eu something or other which has been added to my MyEd but it doesn't look very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for Internatonal Business and Business Management.
    Also i thought Edinburgh didnt do Internatonal Relations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArmandinaA)
    I am applying for Internatonal Business and Business Management.
    Also i thought Edinburgh didnt do Internatonal Relations?
    MA International Relations.

ReputationRep:
    I apply for Law with International Relations ;-)

ReputationRep:
    alex91
    Hi barefootfiona,
    thanks for doing such a good list.

In my stupidity I logged onto my UCAS and realised my course is actually called "MODERN EUROPEAN LANGUAGES" as opposed to just "Modern Languages".

I seem to be the only one though at the moment - hopefully more of us Modern European Linguists will turn up in time.

ReputationRep:
    History for me

ReputationRep:
    If I've ...
    • ...listed any of the courses wrong,
    • ...put you in the wrong place, or
    • ...not listed you

...please quote me to make me aware of that so I can edit this post.

History
    D123
    tzareenah
    *hanahahaha (with History)
    *Aitana (with Russian)
    I've actually changed my choices slightly so now I am applying to History with Arabic. Also I think hanahahaha should be "with Politics"?

Good list! Very useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tzareenah)
    I've actually changed my choices slightly so now I am applying to History with Arabic. Also I think hanahahaha should be "with Politics"?

Good list! Very useful.
    The degree you're applying for, strictly speaking, is Arabic and History MA.

FYI barefootfiona; Edinburgh has very very few "with" degree. Most degree titles at this early stage will be pure joint honours and use "and". Keep up the good work.

Keep the chatter in the other sticky thread folks - we're having any posts that are not related to the list moved anyway, so save us the work!

x

I'm applying for Mathematical Physics (although it might just be easier to pop me under Physics on the first page)

ReputationRep:
    I applied for civil engineering at Edinburgh, and I got an offer 3 days ago. It was a 34 IB offer, 555 in my HL subjects, and a 4 in English SL.

Good luck to you all

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.