Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Her art teacher didn't think to tell her not to stick her hand in plaster of paris? :lolwut:
    Her teacher told her to make the mould using clay first then fill the mould with plaster.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Poor thing. In year 7 at school, a girl got her thumb caught in the sander, it was not a pleasant sight.

ReputationRep:
    What a ******* retard.

I've made dozens of hand casts before, and even a full body one.

I still have all my fingers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freud)
    She disobeyed instructions to make a clay mould and then fill that in with plaster of Paris.

What an idiot. What did the girl think would happen when the plaster set around her hands?
    The girl wasn't informed of how dangerous it was, and didn't know it could burn so severely. It's unfair to blame her for such.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid Girl, why should she get any compo. Sounds like she was cheating anyway.

ReputationRep:
    http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...laster_226.jpg

HOLY SH-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Her art teacher didn't think to tell her not to stick her hand in plaster of paris? :lolwut:
    Jo Anderson, prosecuting for the HSE, said the girl had been told by her teacher to put her hands into clay to make a mould.

She was then supposed to pour the liquid plaster into the clay mould. Instead she put her hand up to the wrist into the bucket of plaster.

It is understood the mixture began to solidify within about 10 minutes and she soon realised she could not remove her hands.
    its not the teachers or schools fault, as they instructed her to use a mould.
    its the teachers fault for not noticing wha the young girl went wrong, eventhough she had about 10 mins before it solidifies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holmes221)
    nice compensation, that stuck two fingers up at the bad school for not ensuring health and safety
    You'd have 8 fingers cut off for 16 and a half grand? Are you an idiot?

Although, frankly, it sounds like the girl was trying to make a joke and half a laugh by sticking her hands in the plaster rather than making a clay mould. High price to pay though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Although, frankly, it sounds like the girl was trying to make a joke and half a laugh by sticking her hands in the plaster rather than making a clay mould. High price to pay though.
    Maybe she just interpreted what the teacher said wrongly?

It might explain why her hand was in there for like 10 minutes. :o:

ReputationRep:
    sort of her own fault, and a mixture of retarded teachers who didn't think to put the plaster covered hands in water, cools it down....or to get a hammer and smash the plaster, she may have got broken hands...but its better than what she now has....as they can heal...

ReputationRep:
    The girl disobeyed direct instructions to make a clay mould and set the plaster in that, the school is not to blame at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holmes221)
    nice compensation, that stuck two fingers up at the bad school for not ensuring health and safety
    Pahahahaha! Sorry, but that was funny...

I don't really get it anyway... surely that would absolutely kill with the heat and everything, so why the hell didn't she just yank her hand out when it started to get hot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apfel)

You can feel the stuff solidifying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    You can feel the stuff solidifying
    Maybe she thought that was how you made the cast?

Lol, I don't know. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apfel)

And when she's the only person in the class to do this? Everyone else is off making moulds so she sticks her hands straight in like a tool? I mean it's blatently obvious that she was doing it wrong. How on earth you could think that would make a cast is beyond me. She blatently knew what she was doing, was just unaware of the consequences.

(Original post by mel0n)
    Why would you think someone would be retarded enough to do it?

You don't tell your class to not eat there bag do you?

(Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    The girl wasn't informed of how dangerous it was, and didn't know it could burn so severely. It's unfair to blame her for such.
    You don't get warned to not jump off building's. You don't out of common sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Fleur_)
    Pahahahaha! Sorry, but that was funny...

I don't really get it anyway... surely that would absolutely kill with the heat and everything, so why the hell didn't she just yank her hand out when it started to get hot?
    she couldnt, it solidified around her hands and she couldnt pull them off

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about it. The compo money would have come out of the school. Which is paid for by taxpayers...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ReputationRep:
    That's horrific. When you think about it, there are a lot of dangerous practices in schools. Take technology for example, with all the wood cutters and sanders. Science has a lot of chemicals and such. I mean, I got through school okay, but not so surprised that things like this happen.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.