Turn on thread page Beta

Without being condescending, focus less on the numbers and more on the eating well and having fun.

3 square meals with healthy snacks, a variety of fruit and vegetables, and a balanced and healthy outlook towards food are key lessons to learn and carry forward. Don't undercut yourself by eating too little whilst hitting the gym too hard thereby burning yourself out within weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I've failed to update this thread. But I've lost around a pound when I weighed myself on Saturday and half an inch around my waist. I've also done three HIIT and weight sessions on Friday, Monday and this Wednesday. I've eaten okayish and limited unhealthy snacks but will be unable to do more intense exercise this half-term as I have no access to any gym equipment and can't jog on tarmac (my knees :[ ) I guess I'll try to dance and do aerobics with an iPod. We'll see the results this Saturday. I'm still annoyed about only losing a pound though.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry too much about only losing a pound, its better than not losing anything or putting on weight. Plus, the longer it takes to get the weight off means that it is more likely that the longer it will stay off. Also, just concentrate on getting fit and healthy and the weight will just come off naturally.

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Don't diet just keep exercising. Since I've started running I have eaten a lot more than I used to but its a lot healthier, I don't weigh myself but I am fairly sure I have less stomach flab. If you changed your junk to healthy food and ate a similar amount of calories and were willing to stick at it for a year I'm sure the weight would fall off.

Also try to change the walking to jogging, you'll save so much time, other than that goodluck.

ReputationRep:
    I've been unable to do exercise due to spraining my ankle whilst jogging on grass. I'm not sure what weight I really am due to fluid retention - I tend to gain a pound or two but I've maintained it from last week (yay!) . But I think I have lost a bit from my face so far as I compared two pictures (one taken today and the other six weeks ago) as I look thinner. Also, my clothes have loosened and I have to wear a belt with two pairs of jeans that I have :P

From Monday, I am exercising as normal as half term is over and I have access to a gym again.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.