Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good intentions, bad execution.

They should get Roland Emmerich to do the next one.

ReputationRep:
    If that advert was really promoting a green Britain, he would be reading that book to her from some solar powered electronic reader, not a paperback which costs energy to make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    Good intentions, bad execution.

They should get Roland Emmerich to do the next one.
    If you don't turn off your light...every monument in the world will blow up!

I couldn't bring myself to watch the whole advert, it was just too cringeworthy...

ReputationRep:
    Most of the UK population are retarded - so good on the government for communicating on their level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    ********. Its just typical, cheap as goverment ad. Full of scaremongering and no real facts.

How can you support **** like this?
    No real facts lol?

You're right, they didn't produce evidence for their claims in the course of the adverts, but the evidence is there if you put two brain cells together and read a bloody book.

You're not one of those moronic climate change deniers are you?

I raged so hard when I saw this advert.

ReputationRep:
    It made me laugh lol.
    What happened to nice fairy tales for bedtime? She got 'The Day After Tomorrow' in story-form. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    words
    Pretty sure you're not the target audience here, unless you're on a comfortable wage with a house and kids, (If so what are you doing on this forum?) in which case it's not all that surprising you don't connect with the advert. They're playing on parents' love and their (presumable) desire for their children to have a good future.
    Whether or not you approve of it, it's still got people talking and getting the issue of climate change into people's minds in whatever way, even just in passing, is probably one of their aims.

ReputationRep:
    If they're completely taken out of context, I quite like the illustrations...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    Most of the UK population are retarded - so good on the government for communicating on their level.
    When you put it like that, this ad might actually work :s:

ReputationRep:
    lol they're wasting money on trying to reduce our CO2. Have they seen the size of this country?!?

Besides global warming caused by CO2 isn't real. It's just part of a cycle, there's been multiple ice ages and heat waves without human intervention just nature.

ReputationRep:
    I like how they don't go into other things, e.g. the effects of the meat industry, ways of cutting down on energy usage, or government schemes to make energy useage more efficent.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, look at shipping and the amount of CO2 shipping produces a year, a ridiculous amount more than plane travel, yet all the tax is on cars and planes.

It is because the government know that shipping is crucial to trade and the economy so even the government are merely money making on the back of a politically engineered tirade of propaganda.

There might be some basis to global warming, but it is blown out of all proportion by every government to increase taxes and ultimately try and delay their long awaited decision on future energy in the UK which they are STILL dithering about.

LOL! Haaahahaha!

Aaaaaaahahaha. "Everytime you fail to turn off a light... you drown a puppy you ****!"

Seriously this is the best advert ever. Extra lulz at the cat. "I'll never let go, Jack..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donuticus)
    I could not give a monkeys. I don't have kids, will never have kids and if you think I am changing my life style in any way shape or form you can **** right off.

If you people insist on giving me neg rep at least have the guts to leave your name.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever happened to 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar'? That's a crap book. I'd be reading my kids Harlequin.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I agree with the posters in this thread, why should we have to turn our lights off when we don't use them or take our TVs off standby, like God, future human beings can be so selfish.

I joke, of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    No real facts lol?

You're right, they didn't produce evidence for their claims in the course of the adverts, but the evidence is there if you put two brain cells together and read a bloody book.

You're not one of those moronic climate change deniers are you?
    No No im not....

But instead of actually trying to explain anything, they just tried to use scaremonger tactics.

Its quite pathetic.

Government adverts shouldn't even be allowed, they're creepy - and as other people have said there was no mention of the beef industry etc which is a much bigger problem than what they mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    Quick lets act and save the world I want a happy ending.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.