Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The three Musketeers (Porthos, Atos, Aramis and D'artagnan)

ReputationRep:
    Personne a dit Parkour, qui est appelleé en Etats-Unis "Freerunning"

And the stranger is a mighty awesome book, along with the Plage (La Peste)

Bon chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    The three Musketeers (Porthos, Atos, Aramis and D'artagnan)
    Je n'ai jamais compris le titre; les trois mousquetiers quand il y avait quatre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonoDrew)
    Je n'ai jamais compris le titre; les trois mousquetiers quand il y avait quatre.

Il n'y a pas quatre mousquetaires; D'artagnon n'est pas un mousquetier, c'est ses trois amis (Porthos, Aramis et Athos).

D'accord?

ReputationRep:
    Il n'y a pas quatre mousquetaires; D'artagnon n'est pas un mousquetier, c'est ses trois amis (Porthos, Aramis et Athos).

D'accord?
    Ah oauis, et il est devenu mousquetier n'est pa?

ReputationRep:
    Accoriding to QI and Wikipedia

The English scientist and physician Christopher Merret documented the addition of sugar to a finished wine to create a second fermentation six years before Dom Perignon set foot in the Abbey of Hautvillers and almost 40 years before it was claimed that the famed Benedictine monk invented Champagne. Contrary to legend and popular belief, Dom Perignon did not invent sparkling wine. Merrett presented the Royal Society with a paper in which he detailed what is now called méthode champenoise in 1662.

ReputationRep:
    Ah oauis, et il est devenu mousquetier n'est pa?

Je ne rappelle pas pour etre honnete ... :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anick14)
    I'm sure this is an obnoxious thread, especially at this time (whatever that may be, i'm in the states and not completely sure of the time difference... 6hours?ish) but i need some ideas.

I need to do a french project... that's it, it's pretty open ended. What are some ideas that are cool about french culture/history? one of my friends is doing a french musician, another's doing something on french graffiti. So does anyone know anything that would be fun to research?

anything's good...
    The most historic, the waving of the white flags when Hitler invaded France, and took over! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Personne a dit Parkour, qui est appelleé en Etats-Unis "Freerunning"
    Oh no! I was going to suggest that. Damn you.

ReputationRep:
    Je ne rappelle pas pour etre honnete ... :o:
    ca va, il n'est pas important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunarsea)
    Oh no! I was going to suggest that. Damn you.
    Bwahahahahaha.

I bask in your damnation. Oooh, it's so yummy and warm.

ReputationRep:
    Bwahahahahaha.

I bask in your damnation. Oooh, it's so yummy and warm.
    LOL! I didn't know you liked damnation. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunarsea)
    LOL! I didn't know you liked damnation. :sexface:
    Oh yes. Sex, damnation, and After Eights.

He was a Philosopher, but Jangra ^^ is the Philosophy undergrad, I'm sure he'd know far more. I think he was an existentialist, but then loads of people in France were back then.. :p:
    Oops, really late reply. Yeah, Bubbles is right, he's an existentialist. Best to start with The Myth of Sisyphus.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.